Question about weird things going on with my firealarm

Check the power and batteries. Have the detectors ever been cleaned ? how old are they ?
It's that time of year and if your heat comes on you could have dust accumulation burning off, setting them off. Smoke detectors detect particles not necessarily smoke. Spiders and insects use to cause trouble but newer detectors installed properly avoid that.

he is correct with the smoke tripping because of dust, spiders, and insects. smokes will trip simultaneously when only one was originally tripped. my advice would be to grab a can of the "keyboard" fresh air spray and hit every smoke in the house to clean all of the crap out of them. this should do the trick! aside from this, water can also be the culprit, but you would notice visible water spots near the smoke.

Last edited:
Good luck and it is October , fire prevention month. It's time for everyone to check their stuff :devil:

Ive had it done more then once in my house..so i replace the batteries every 6 months and clean them out with some co2 dust cans and it hasnt done it since ive been doing that.

Back