Question about wastegate location

A 1-1/2'' or 38mm hole looks about like this. As you can see, I won't have enough space or steel. Exhaust hole is 2-1/4''

DSCF0196.jpg

A 1-1/2'' or 38mm hole looks about like this. As you can see, I won't have enough space or steel. Exhaust hole is 2-1/4''

You might actually want to measure it, an 1 1/2" hole is not near as big as your red circle, if that is indeed a T3 housing you will have lots of room, I can see the flange is a ford 5 bolt, more then enough room for a 38mm hole, all those 5 bolt flanges are the same size, and we do them daily

Richard

I'll triple check but I'm pretty sure it's almost to scale. The Ford style T3 flange you guys use, do they have a 2-1/4'' exhaust hole? I'm actually also worried about having an 1-1/2'' hole in this exhaust housing

DSCF0197.jpg

WTF!!! At least I can now see how close the two wastegate and downpipe would be. I'm pretty certain that's also for a 38mm wastegate. There really must be something I'm missing here... Let me re-evaluate and double check everything and get back to you 'busa kings tomorrow. Thanks for all your help, advice and photos. I really appreciate it!!!

I'll take a better pic of this tonight when I get back to the shop. Forgot I had this kit sitting. Anyways, even though it's a vband, the orientation on the 5 bolt flang is still the same as the regular 38mm tials.

8AB651C3-D3BD-470D-8B21-C98B7951A7E8-23827-000015FA5E2F8BC4.jpg

Very good looking kit. I wish I just had something like that laying around the shelf in my garage, lol. Would you be able to show me where the pipe connects to that goes into the wastegate. Whether it's welded into the 5bolt flange, exhaust housing or from the looks of the photo, actual downpipe itself.

I've got another question. Since I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, our local laws are very strict about noisy exhaust system. I've noticed about 99.9% of Hayabusa turbo dump their exhaust and dump tubes right below the starter cover area. Has anyone here personally ever hooked the turbo exhaust up to an actual muffler? If so, does it over heat and\or reduce noise significally?

Have a look at Richard's website RCC Turbos - Home. He sells both full carbon exhaust can setup as well as shorty GP Style exhaust, both significantly reduce noise levels but not much on performance side. He is located in Southern Ontario.

For the first time, I've decided to look at their website. I've heard of them but since I'm new to modifying my bike, I didn't really know they were a big company in terms of leaders of the Hayabusa mod world. And, I just found out that a fellow member helping me on this site works there by googling his shop address. Small world.

2wicked = Richard aka Owner of RCC Turbos. One of the best in the business.

LMFAO. As I said, small world. I also found out he's Ontario so he'll be doing all my tuning when the time comes. I'll also have the chance to go dine at the 360 Restaurant in the CN Tower. That'll be the deal to have my GF tag along and keep me some company.

So here was the problem with my kit (we were all right). My partner decided to tack on a first 90 degree elbow which was a 2-1/2 diameter leaving me no room to weld on a 44mm or 38mm wastegate elbow. You can see the tacks I cut off (within the red circle I drew) of the flange which were almost a 1/4 out of the impeller hole. I've ordered some new *correct size* stainless elbows and should get back in fabrication tomorrow. I should have spotted that before disturbing everyone heres valueble time.

Again, I thank everyone very much. :thumbsup:

Back