Question about dyno-tuning.

edcop

Banned
I never had my 08 dyno-tuned before with a full TiForce exhaust and pc3.
I never take my bike to the track either, soo whats the point in getting my bike dyno-tuned?
I was thinking of getting my bike dyno-tuned next week.

Why do most of you get your bike dyno-tuned?

What I am trying to say, will the benifits of having a dyno-tune only be meant for taking it to the track? I dont take my bike to the track.
I never had a dyno-tune done before and know nothing about it, will i feel any benifits street/highway wise?

No.

My question is, are the people who have a dyno-tune and getting their bike re-mapped the one ones who take there bike to the track all the time?

Then apparently you need to go re-read your first thread because the answer is still there that you didnt catch.

I never take my bike to the track and I am getting a tune. There are still benefits regardless if you ever take it to the track.

Okay, thanks. I am having a dyno-tune done Wed. I just wanted to make sure cuz its gonna cost me $350

your bike will just run better, especially with more free flowing exhaust, you should get a dyno tune regardless, track or no track.

You will have no flat spot in the powerband. You will get better MPG after mapping. You will have a tuned bike after mapping.

good thread, i still haven't decided on having mine done yet. 08 with full system brocks streetmeg/pcv and bmc street filter. Was planning on having schnitz do a dyno tune on it but just haven't had time with work and all. Did have a few questions for u guys though. I have read some posts about dyno-tunes lately, is it necessary to change the plugs, oil before having this done? Read a post also that someone said the fairings will need to be pulled to dyno-tune, true? Is the dyno really that rough on the rear tire, have heard some say it will basically toast the rear tire, i have about 60% tread left and would rather not ride home with a drag slick after having a dyno tune done. Honestly, i didn't realize it was this involved, just figured they would hook it up to the dyno/pc, peg the rev limiter a few times, adjust a few parameters with the air/fuel, and be good to go. Still plan on having it done some day, just nervous about someone else tinkerin with my bike and peggin it to redline a few times. I won't even let my own wife drive my truck:laugh:

To get the most from the full exhaust, a dyno tune by a capable tuner is ideal. If you are currently happy with how your bike runs, SOTP feedback aka "butt dyno" may leave you wanting more.

P.S. Have you looked into the ECU editor? But if you're set on using the PC3, I suggest you download a "canned tune/map" from Dynojet's site and see how you like it. Then you may not need to spend the $350? :beerchug:

Have someone dyno tune your bike using ecu editor if possible. Sell your pc3 that will offset some of the expense of the tune. I don't race my bike either but the bike is a lot smoother and does get better mpgs. I did change my oil before the tune because the dyno does put a little stress on the bike. It did not hurt the tire. The only tires I have seen the dyno hurt are the really soft ones like the Shinko 003. I had a Bridgestone on my bike at the time.

Based on the chart I saw in the other thread, I am sceptical the dyno tune was worth it.

If your bike runs fine, and you have no issues - it's your $350 to do the tune and find out it it was worth it.

Curious to hear about the results.

Based on the chart I saw in the other thread, I am sceptical the dyno tune was worth it.

If your bike runs fine, and you have no issues - it's your $350 to do the tune and find out it it was worth it.

Curious to hear about the results.

remember that is a chart of 100% throttle aka WOT
it has nothing to do with how smooth the bike runs.

this is all I know ..........................
once a REAL tuner gets the bike and tunes it ....................... it will be silky smooth the throttle will turn into a rheostat the more you twist the faster it goes,,,, if you hold it steady it wil hold steady ............if you roll off it will slow down

Back