Quater mile

So rocket what do you consider a few bolt ons?

I'm 5'-10" @ 155lbs. I have a few bolt ons and my first time ever at the 1/4 mile track 9.64 @140 mph (and I was having a very hard time with traction that day). I have ran on 1/8th mile tracks and have gotten as low as 6.17 in the 1/8th. It will get better with experience.
That's what I need someone your size with some skills to ride the "STUNGUN"...I bet she would go well into the 5's in the 1/8th...
evil.gif

For comparison:

Three weeks ago I ran 9.43 @ 148.9mph with a crappy 1.66 60ft and 4.14 330.

I weighed 190 suited, with helmet, gloves & boots.

Stock motor, stock wheelbase.

Brock Gen-3 pipe, small box mod, clutch mod, lowered 2" in rear, strapped front end, seat cut 2", air-shifter, 16-40 sprockets ..... bike weighed 535 that day at Rockingham.

These Hayabusa's are the 1/8th Wonder of the World.

Enjoy yours.

him, if your bike is 01 or older that is why your clutch dont slip. If by clutch mod you mean welding up the hub that should fix your problem!

Air force, your bike went 4.14 330' and ran 149mph on the back? That would mean you put over 30mph on the back half? How big is the shot
rock.gif

prob fixed clutch slips just fine now
cool.gif

Air force, your bike went 4.14 330' and ran 149mph on the back? That would mean you put over 30mph on the back half? How big is the shot
rock.gif
I hope he doesn't have a shot on it.  That's a pretty normal time for a jockey with a properly setup Busa!
wink.gif

Hell my crappy launch and 4.30 330' times put me at that in the back half.  115mph in the 1/8th and 145mph in the 1/4! What's the big deal?  
rock.gif

The key is to be under 200lbs.!
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109979393 -->

rock.gif

wink.gif

Sorry.....you won't be able to see my link unless you are part of the BDE street smart owners group! This is a copy of the slip.

Check out the how to Slam and prep a Busa Part 1 & 2, that's what you need!

2slip_a.jpg

Norman & Got Busa,
No nitrous on my 02.  Here's the numbers on that 9.43 run:
60ft = 1.668
330 = 4.146
1/8th ET = 6.178
1/8th MPH = 121.47
1000ft = 7.940
1/4 mile ET = 9.439
1/4 mile MPH = 148.89

All of last year, I was stuck in the consistant 9.50's at 146mph (6.20's at 118 in the 1/8th).  I added Brock's Gen-3 pipe, changed the settings to L+5, M+5, H+5 and ran red line injector cleaner (mixed with a full tank of gas) and now this thing is born-again.  The 1.66 / 4.14 last year would have turned out to be a 9.64-5 at 146, so my Busa is a good, solid 2 tenths and 3 MPH stronger since the changes.

I'm going to a good 1/4-mile track in Fayetteville, NC tomorrow, will let you guys know what happens.  I'm hoping to get in the 9.30's, all I need to do is get my 60's down and I'm there.

Brock knows his stuff and his products work.

dam'n thats fast! Can't wait to try my 04 with it stretched out 6".

Hefty01..Is your bike lowered front and rear??

If Not it makes a word of difference..

And 9.50 on a Bone stock bike would Be hard for the avarage joe!!

Back in early 99 I first rode a Busa at the track..No mods at all I went a bunch of 10.0s and after adding Only a front strap,I went a Best time of 9.88 @143-144 mph..with a 1.60 60 Ft

Its all in the 60 foot and 330,practice and Go to the track as much as You can and it will come..And Bike prep also helps a ton..Heres a few tips for ya>>

lower your shifter
take your mirrors off
take off any un-needed weight
pump your front tire up to like 60psi
run as much psi in the rear before loosing traction
if possible run ULTIMATE 4 race fuel,and run only enough for a few passes.
make sure You chain is not too tight
loosen up the rear axle,but make sure you have a clip in it
pry the rear Brakes away from the rotor
Lube the crap out of your chain and the places the dust shields meet the axles/bearings on the rims(I use this stuff called PB Blaster)white can yellow letters sold at pep-boys advanced auto ect.

A buddie of Mine was a non-believer in these tricks..He was running 9.60 on his GSXR1000,I said you want Me to put the 9.50 tune up in it??I did all the above and he went 9.50 first pass!!..every tenth helps!!

Good luck and Have fun!!
biggrin.gif

E-RACER my bike is stock height only change is 16 front sproket i weigh about 265 pounds and have only done about 16 runs all up with a best time of 10.6 seconds and 136 mph 60 foot time 1.8 seconds . Just bought lowering strap and speed links for rear also yoshi full system and power commander not yet fitted only other mod is air box and bmc filter i will try some of your suggestions and let you know how i go thanks for help. Great site got heaps of great ideas thanks to all. Only new at this

wow.gif
That is alot of things to do . How do you pry the brakes apart without hurting them?

Why do you losen the axel, and pump up the rear? I see why you do everything else.

Just pop off the black dust cover on the rear caliper and pry them apart with a screwdriver..you won't hurt them..

And For less rolling resistance the axle and tire PSI..

Some and more of these tricks are used By the then 600 and Now 1000 ss racers..But No-one will tell you them..ever wonder why some people run faster on the same bike than ??rider and weight for sure..but all the little tricks help.its Not How much Hp you have..its How much you use!!

I have a stock GSXR 600 with a pipe gear ect and using these tricks but pump fuel..I have been 1.60 60 ft 10.19 135 mph..no power commander

And On My Busa I have stock motor with 2 intake cams,stock arm.pipe pc ect.. I been 1.54 60 ft 9.34 @ 150mph on motor 9.2's on spray..will go better!!

And I weigh 185lbs in street clothes..

Check out> WWW.SUZUKIHAYABUSA.ORG and WWW.PSYCHOBIKE.COM for More tips and ideas!!

There's also a Big Boy class at some tracks, have to weigh 240lbs or More..Some are running low 8's one in the 7's

have fun and lower it for sure..your doing ok already!!
muscle.gif
muscle.gif

muscle.gif

Back