Putting bike back together tomarrow. Have a couple questions.

igorsgonemadd

Registered
Ok so all my parts are set to arrive tommarrow and I am putting it back together when I get off. My question is on the rearsets. Sent them off in exchange for some chrome ones. So wehn I put them back on do I need to use locktite and if so what kind. Also do I need to tourque these down to any specifications or if I just snug them down good will that work. Any help would be great!

When I swapped mine I did not use locktite and have had no problems, Just tightened them as tight as I would any bolt.

Ohhhh and installed the Spikes :whistle:

firm believer in loctite myself.. biggest problem is people that use way too much.. a little goes heck of a long ways..

A little drop of blue Locktite can go a long way to assure against unwanted loosening caused from vibrations.
Item_452.jpg

You can go without if you are like me and "pre-flight" every single time I look at the thing. Obsession has it's price, you know! The g/f or wifey might not like you giving more attention to an inanimate object when you could be staring at her! :rofl:

I still like to be safe and use it where I can for peace of mind.

Make sure threads are clean, some blue loctite, torqued to good-n-tite.

For all newbs,, Hey I don't know,, ??? Watch turning down to hard onto aluminum,, case in point - changing oil and replacing your drain-plug. Too much finesse will land you with a first class case of stripped threads! :whistle:

And,, that ain't no fun! :please::banghead::thumbsup:

Back