Prolumen hid...your thoughts?

junbug

Registered
Any of you guys have any experience with this HID? I can buy it locally here (Toronto) for Cdn$350 for the pair, use one and keep one as spare. Hopefully someone among the membership has something to say about it, good or bad.

Thanks.
Jun

hid.jpg

BTW, according to the seller, the module dimensions are 2" x 4" x 1.5". Will this fit the nose compartment (next to headlight)?

Thanks again.

I know that voltage has alot to do with it. I've read that many a board member have melted their wiring harnesses.

sad.gif

I know that voltage has alot to do with it. I've read that many a board member have melted their wiring harnesses.

sad.gif
You've heard or read it somewhere else but not here ! I've been hear for over four years and never heard anyone complain about frying there wireing harness because of using a HID light.  I for one have owned two HID setup on both of my Busa'z with no ill effect of any sort. Check with KS waterbug(Board Member) our group buy Rep, if you would like to get a HID kit for a fair price.

Also, the voltage is stepped up after the ballastr ignitor leading to the HID light which isnt connected to your stock wiring !!!!

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145443631 -->

pseudo
Rookie

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:0.60
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah  Posted: April 18 2006,14:26  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[/QUOTE]

anyone have an extra 1 they need 2 sell by chance?
You're not worried about frying your harness !
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145443854 -->

sad.gif
You've heard or read it somewhere else but not here ! I've been hear for over four years and never heard anyone complain about frying there wireing harness because of using a HID light.  I for one have owned two HID setup on both of my Busa'z with no ill effect of any sort. Check with KS waterbug(Board Member) our group buy Rep, if you would like to get a HID kit for a fair price.

Also, the voltage is stepped up after the ballastr ignitor leading  to the HID light which isnt connected to your stock wiring !!!!
Thanks, Rhythm, I'll pm KS and see whether a better deal can be had. Hopefully shipping and Cdn tax won't be exorbitant.

sad.gif
Not the whole kit. The kit actually pulls less volts. It is the aftermarket bulbs that claim HID LIKENESS that pull more and cause the wires to become overheated and melt. If I remember correctly these actually run cooler too....I dont know about it for sure though...You will love it when it is installed.

Back