Problem removing stock exhaust...

Hoopech1

Registered
I am attempting to install my new HMF full system, and I cannot get the stock exhaust pipes off. I removed all the bolts except the one underneath the bike where the stock pipes come together. When I turn this bolt, it just keeps spinning. I looked closer and found that there is a nut or something on the other side spinning as well-but there is no way to fit any tool in there to stop it from spinning. Also, there is some blue stuff on the threads of the bolt.

How can I get this bolt off? I am stuck with my bike apart until I can get past this-any help would be appreciated ASAP. Thanks.

Watch the new pipes to the fairing clearances. There have been a few post of melting the plastic.

I had the same problem. When all else fails a hammer and screwdriver will work wonders!
tounge.gif

I put some heat protection on the insides where the pipes would come close-they actually rub the wrap in spots but I have plenty of protection where it counts. The bike is now back in shape and ready to rock-I need to get a wash and some pictures, but I am leaving for FLA for the weekend-I guess it has to wait until next week
sad.gif

PS. It sounds and looks great-and I hate those little black fasteners.

I've heard the HMF's are a mutha to install. So if you had difficulty with that one screw, you're in for a world of hurt
tounge.gif

Don't worry about it though ... H.org got your back!
cool.gif

Back