Price Increase?

I think he said he paid full MSRP + freight fee, document fee, etc....etc....they took him for a ride... :(

$13,199.00 plus 8.5% Tax, Title, License, Prep Fee, etc. You know it's funny how some people say I paid too much for my 2009 Gen 2 however thats the standard 2009 price here in Texas. Forget the 2010 though. For those of you who got their "New" Gen 2 for less count your blessings......det45

why was it 15K out of curiosity?

So what do you suggest, buy a hashed out used bike??? Don't think so. For those of you who claim to get your Gen 2 Busas cheap live charmed lives. I'm not connected like you all......det45

That's exactly why you DO NOT pay $13k-15k+ for a new bike. The depreciation is killer and the dealer just pocketed all that money... :(

So what do you suggest, buy a hashed out used bike??? Don't think so. For those of you who claim to get your Gen 2 Busas cheap live charmed lives. I'm not connected like you all......det45

I was quoted the same as you when buying my 09 in April of last year and accidentally laughed out loud. I was new to Vegas and didn't know what dealer to work with so I wasn't "connected" as you put it and I got them down to 13,500 out the door with tax at 8.10%, etc. Would you pay MSRP on a car (no) then why do the same on a motorcycle? :dunno:

The biggest thing is being happy with your purchase and if you are that is all that matters. Just because someone negotiates a better price doesn't mean they are connected or living charmed lives. It means that they put in the foot work to get the price that they wanted. :beerchug:

Anybody heard of the "Internet" thingie? Most dealers have an online site with their prices posted and for $300-400 you can have the bike shipped to your front door. $13k+ for a bike that most dealers are and were more than happy to sell in the 11's would have still saved well over a grand with a little online shopping. If my local dealer doesn't want to price match the competition then I have no remorse over taking my business elsewhere. Most dealers are more than happy to match prices these days, but very few people go to the trouble of asking. The smart ones know there's much more than just the initial sale that goes into most bikes - there's service, parts, mods......believe it or not a lot of folks still shop with their local dealer for the little stuff due to convenience. Just some advice for later use.

Every On-Line site I went to back in 2009 had the 09 models priced at $13,199.00 And yes I do know what the internet is......det45

Anybody heard of the "Internet" thingie? Most dealers have an online site with their prices posted and for $300-400 you can have the bike shipped to your front door. $13k+ for a bike that most dealers are and were more than happy to sell in the 11's would have still saved well over a grand with a little online shopping. If my local dealer doesn't want to price match the competition then I have no remorse over taking my business elsewhere. Most dealers are more than happy to match prices these days, but very few people go to the trouble of asking. The smart ones know there's much more than just the initial sale that goes into most bikes - there's service, parts, mods......believe it or not a lot of folks still shop with their local dealer for the little stuff due to convenience. Just some advice for later use.

$10,100 OTD for me, didn't fall for the freight, prep, and msrp BS. You got taken to the cleaners. Next time shop around a little bit.

Excuse me? I shop all around Texas back in 2009 and all were at $13,199.00 or higher, same on-line too. Please get your facts right before making accuasions.....det45

$10,100 OTD for me, didn't fall for the freight, prep, and msrp BS. You got taken to the cleaners. Next time shop around a little bit.

Every On-Line site I went to back in 2009 had the 09 models priced at $13,199.00 And yes I do know what the internet is......det45

Chillax man...it was sarcasm. Trust me, they were not $13,199 everywhere. If they were you'd have a forum full of people here that paid $13k+ for their new 2009's in late '08/early '09. It's the same now with the 2010 and 2011 model bikes. Some dealers ask MSRP because they feel they can get it, others have some nice discounts to draw in your business.

I'm cool Bro however I looked everywhere back in 2009 and the standard price was 13k plus. I guess I don't live a charmed life but I am quite happy with what I have. Currently I have just over 3k miles on the bike and I am thinking about installing a stage one stealth turbo kit. After installing the Turbo I'll still have less money into it than a 2010 model. At least I bought my bike in 2009 instead of 2010! Thank God!

Chillax man...it was sarcasm. Trust me, they were not $13,199 everywhere. If they were you'd have a forum full of people here that paid $13k+ for their new 2009's in late '08/early '09. It's the same now with the 2010 and 2011 model bikes. Some dealers ask MSRP because they feel they can get it, others have some nice discounts to draw in your business.

$13,199.00 plus 8.5% Tax, Title, License, Prep Fee, etc. You know it's funny how some people say I paid too much for my 2009 Gen 2 however thats the standard 2009 price here in Texas. Forget the 2010 though. For those of you who got their "New" Gen 2 for less count your blessings......det45

What part of Texas do you live in...?

I don't know if you noticed but I live in Texas also and can buy one TODAY for $11,200 OTD. Back in '09 I found several for less than that so saying that is the standard price here in Texas just isn't true. The deals are out there and unfortunately you got taken BIG TIME. $13,200 OTD would have been acceptable but $15k+ is just wrong. I'm sorry for you man.... :(

That is why they had the Gen-II price thread stickied for so long. SHOP AROUND PEOPLE!!! :beerchug:

Excuse me? I shop all around Texas back in 2009 and all were at $13,199.00 or higher, same on-line too. Please get your facts right before making accuasions.....det45
All I did was look at cycletrader and WOW! $9500 plus tax in Toledo Ohio. One website, no hard searching, I guess I do lead a charmed life. I think several other members here got close to the same deal as well. We are all charmed :whistle:

I live in Houston, Tx. could not get the price I wanted. Flew to FL. and came home with it 10,700.00 out the door... 911 mile ride broke it in, in one day.:thumbsup:

Could have went to Bartelsville Cycle Sports in Bartlesville OK and got it way cheaper than that shipped to you or you could come and pick it up?

$9,999
New Braunfels, TX
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa, Cycle Trader Special - Hayabusa, Busa, 1300R, GSXR, 1300, GSXR1300, Suzuki 1300, Suzuki Hayabusa
Woods Cycle Country (866) 652-7765

Jun-14-2010 :poke:

Last edited:
Back