Presidential firearm agenda

I could be wrong but the brady laws were during clinton? I'm not old enough to remember reagan.

Correct.....from Wiki; "signed into law by President Bill Clinton on November 30, 1993, and went into effect on February 28, 1994. The Act was named after James Brady, who was shot by John Hinckley, Jr. during an attempted assassination of President Ronald Reagan on March 30, 1981".

As far as a gun ban goes I think it will have all the effectiveness as Prohibition and the War on Drugs. We should be vigilant against the slippery slope leading to a total forfeiture of fire arms.

Let me embed that so Raydog doesn't miss it...

[video=youtube_share;IyVldVMA7vU]http://youtu.be/IyVldVMA7vU[/video]

Well, for you I listened to it one more time....and I heard a reasonable man trying to open a National discussion about violence. The only statement I heard that you could make something out of is, "AK's don't belong on the streets". As a career cop in Watts, and after picking up the pieces after auto weapon use in an urban environment...more than once.....I still see a reasonable man looking for dialog on the issue. I guess you don't.

I dont think (high cap) AK's are legal in Watts. Taking rights from the American people will be a game changer, nothing else really matters at the end of the day.

Well, for you I listened to it one more time....and I heard a reasonable man trying to open a National discussion about violence. The only statement I heard that you could make something out of is, "AK's don't belong on the streets". As a career cop in Watts, and after picking up the pieces after auto weapon use in an urban environment...more than once.....I still see a reasonable man looking for dialog on the issue. I guess you don't.

My views mirror another American philosopher.

Ice T on US gun control (20July12) - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:

Right now Doyle, you still get to carry pretty much what you want (LE), but the day you retire and you lose that privilege it feels different. He wants an assault weapons ban and said it. That's all I was trying to point out. Now Chicago city council imposed a $25 fee (fine) on weapon buys - again, it only effects legal gun purchases and does nothing for the illegal ones except give them more people to rob...

the question always comes down to one thing.... how will you stop the criminal from committing the crime no matter what the "instrument" is?? when you out law guns only the criminals and the government will have them.... which do you think will come knocking at your door first soon after...the criminal?.....or the government?....those who do not study the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them. history lesson anyone?

Back