Preparing for first track day

gunmetalbusa

Registered
I'm not sure this is the case for all tracks but at Miller Motor Sports in Utah, you have to drain all coolant and run H2O. It sounds like there is a lubricant added for water pump on Busas. I'm assuming you just seperate the lower main hose on the left side of the bike, after opening the radiator. Is this the best way. How much difficult is it to get it all out and re-fill with water/lube?

(gunmetalbusa @ Apr. 24 2007,18:flamethrowing:) I'm not sure this is the case for all tracks but at Miller Motor Sports in Utah, you have to drain all coolant and run H2O.  It sounds like there is a lubricant added for water pump on Busas.  I'm assuming you just seperate the lower main hose on the left side of the bike, after opening the radiator.  Is this the best way.  How much difficult is it to get it all out and re-fill with water/lube?
That's how I do it. I'm not sure if the Busa has a lube ... I believe its antifreeze and such that's slippery. I remember thinking how slippery Water Wetter felt when I put it in my bike.

That's the way to do it... I use Engine Ice, which is not accepted at all tracks. I will be going to water wetter the next time...

DSC05808.jpg

I use distilled water with water wetter mixed in.

I would drain the coolant. Fill with distilled water only. Start the bike and run for a couple minutes. Then drain again. Then fill with water and water wetter.

Back