Preble County Ohio Motorcycle Accident

screamin kanji

Donating Member
Registered
Last nite(8/20/08 my brother and I were coming back from a ride to Oxford. We werre headed north on ST Rt 127 between Camden and Eaton when we rolled-up on stopped traffic. I pulled ahead of most cars to see what was going on. I stopped by a truck with a local part-time medic with a walkie talkie in his hand. I asked if he knew what was going-on up ahead. He told me there was a motorcycle and car "head-on" accident with a 4year old boy on back of motorcycle. Care-flight(hospital helicopter) was in route to recieve the driver and boy. The temp medic also added that they(cops) have been callin Care-flight for an ETA 3 times. He informed me that is usually a bad sign(someone critical/severe injuries). I didnt hear anything on the news this morning about the accident. I just wanted to share this info in hopes of getting a fellow rider and this 4 yr old boy mentioned in prayers. Take a moment to remember ALL those riders that have been in accidents.

Prayers sent to rider, boy, and family/friends :please:

Wow that's nuts, Prayers go out..

Friend of mine went down last night when we were riding too but just scratches and bruises for him and the bike...

Seems like there has been alot of accidents in Ohio this summer. What the hell is a 4 yr old doing on the back of a bike?

my sentiments exactly, but pray all involved are ok.

Prayers are definately sent.

Dont read me wrong. I think it is very important to share your passion for bikes with your kids. I take my little girl on the bike - She is 6 on Saturday. She sits between me and the hump. We go thru the yard less than 5 mph, basicly power walking it. The older she gets the more she'll be able to do

My 6yo daughter is very tall for her age. She could easily be a passenger on the back and have no problems reaching (and exceeding) the pegs with her long legs. I'm itching to take her for a ride, but the wife says no. I can't wait to get her out there on the road, but I certainly won't be bringing her on the highway. Four just seems WAAAAAYYYYY too young to me. Sorry to hear about the accident.

Damn that sux. Did you find out anything else? Sport bike / cruiser, names, current conditions? Last weekend, care flight flew over my house in Eaton twice. One of those times was for a MC accident that happened on a poker run where a guy and his wife ran smack into the back of a dually. Not his bike, no endorsement, no insurance, drinking, vice grips for a clutch handle, oh and yes, it was a Harley.

My 3 year old would love to ride but it's never gonna happen........ I wonder if criminal charges can be brought against the driver or the parents geezzz that's a sad story.....

Unfortunatly with gas prices the way they are we will probbaly here of more children on back. My son is 14 and will never get on the back but he does have a crf150 of his own. prayers sent

A dude died yesterday in Lorain Oh. Had been drinkin an tried to pass a tow truck at a stop sign. He was doin 60 in a 25. Tow truck turned left an the kid t-boned him.

I'm not sure about full gear ekz. I've been looking for gears for my 9 year old daughter and having a hard time finding jackets and pants. They told me they don't make them for kids. Is it true guys?

I'm not sure about full gear ekz. I've been looking for gears for my 9 year old daughter and having a hard time finding jackets and pants. They told me they don't make them for kids. Is it true guys?

What's wrong with motocross gear?

Helmet law for permit riders and riders under 18. Would love to see that get changed.

i didnot know that.. a guy ask me if we had one down south and i told him that we did and he said that it was crazy . then i told him that it was crazy for doing 100+ without one........................

i didnot know that.. a guy ask me if we had one down south and i told him that we did and he said that it was crazy . then i told him that it was crazy for doing 100+ without one........................

See it all the time. Bunch of young kids on on wheel with no lid. Wanna stunt? Fine. Just get some gear on.:banghead:

Things over on the east side of Ohio have been really bad this year for bikes too. I have seen more fatals this summer than ever. Unfortuanetly some were really stupid on the riders part, byt most were error on the other vehicle. Left of centers, intersections, the usual???

Back