prayer request

Ken02busa

Donating Member
Registered
My favorite Uncle, who has been in a nursing home for the last 15 years went into palative care a couple days ago. He has congestive heart failure, they have given him 48 hours- 2 weeks.
I always made it a point to drive the 2000 km a couple times every year to go see him. Now, my Aunt says it is best to remember him the way he was in July when I saw him last, he is on oxygen and unable to talk any amount.
In a way, it is a blessing for him, for his family. Imagine being bed-ridden for 15 years, unable to walk because of strokes, polio, and heart attacks. This man has suffered far too many years. He has said many times when I leave, that I likely wont see him again, he always thought the world was close to an end for him. This time it appears he was right.

As I was coming home tonight, I saw beautiful white clouds against a blue sky. I would like to think that Uncle Leo is looking at the same clouds, thinking of me. I lost My Dad 13 years ago, my Mom last December, and my only Sister in February of this year. If they all end up together, and can laugh at me stumbling my way through life, just the thought makes me happy.

I would like to ask everyone here to give a little prayer for my Uncle Leo and his family. I am going to miss him.

GBYA.

Back