Power Commander USB

busabullet

Donating Member
Registered
I currently have a Power Commander in my bike. But I have a studder at about 3200 rpm. I had a guy dyno it and he told me I needed to change the power commander to the new USB model. Does anyone have this in thier bike and how does it work.

I currently have a Power Commander in my bike. But I have a studder at about 3200 rpm. I had a guy dyno it and he told me I needed to change the power commander to the new USB model. Does anyone have this in thier bike and how does it work.
it sounds like you need a real tuner on the dyno instaed of the usb. RUN FROM THAT PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!

That tuner should have been able to tell you what needed to be done to correct your problem from the dyno run...Listen to JC....run and go to someone who really knows the deal.

My bike is a 2000 and the power commander is a PC II. The guy told me the PC III / or USB (?) are better.

They are better, but you already have a PCII and why buy a new one when that one will do the job
rock.gif

PC3 is a better option.... but that problem you mentioned shouldbe corrected by setting up the PC2 properly! I dont think its a inherent problem of the PC2
smile.gif

I have a PC III usb on my bike man and I think you should listen to these guys. Your PC II properly tuned should work fine for you. Why spend 300$ extra dollars on that when you could do something else with it? The big thing with the 3usb is that u can hook it directly to your comp. If you take the 2 to a dynojet tuning center they could chart u a custom map for your bike and it will run fine. Go to www.dynojet.com and look for a tuning center by you.

yep the usb would be easier to map and you would get a better tune out of it but I will bet money you don't have a tuner ( will bet you have a monkey that all he wants to do is hook it up to tuning link and not do the correct job) You can make a PC2 have no stummbles and be smooth if you know how to tune. If he charged you for a custom map and it isn't smooth either have him fix it (for free) or get your money back

yep the usb would be easier to map and you would get a better  tune out of it but I will bet money you don't have a tuner ( will bet you have a monkey that all he wants to do is hook it up to tuning link and not do the correct job) You can make a PC2 have no stummbles and be smooth if you know how to tune. If he charged you for a custom map and it isn't smooth either have him fix it (for free) or get your money back
My sentiments exactly, take it to an expert like JOHNNY!!!!!

I will hit that link and try to have someone else tune it. I have had the problem for a while and it irritates me. I love my bike and I have put a lot of time, effort and money into it and for it not to run right just pisses me off.

Back