Power commander Firmware question

SHADiGUY1

IT IS WHAT IT IS
Donating Member
Registered
hey i bought my power commander form a member here it has an older firmware on it i seen on dnyojets site that there is an update my question is when i downloaded new firmware it wont program via usb it says some may need a programmer for the power commander does anyone have one or know where to get one so i can update my power commanders firmware to the latest version thanks. my firmware is like 3 years old.

Most shops have the firmware updater if they are a tuning center and should be able to hook you up..The firmware updater is sold through dynojet or comes with the ignition module.If you are in our neighborhood,stop by the shop & i'll do it for free.Or send us your unit & we can upload the latest firmware & ship it back to you.
winkold.gif

you need the programmer and the firmware cd.

the usb from your computer connects to the programmer, which then plugs into your expansion port, and must be powered with a 9V battery. Bike ignition/power must be off and not running. Follow the instructions on the DJ cd, then it'll ask you to pull the usb cable that is attached to the programmer and directly plug into the PCIIIUSB. Once it says "firmware update complete" pull out the programmer and the usb cable. done!

If the firmware is version 1.0.0.20 then you can update the firware without using the programer. Versions 1.0.0.19 require the programer.

I don't remember the date of change to 1.0.0.20 but it has been a couple of years.

I'm also willing to update the firmware for free if anyone needs it. The programmer is about $50

Does anyone now if the PCIIIUSB software is compliant with Windows Vista?
I purchased mine last year with XPPro. Haven't tried it on Vista.

Back