power commander question

sessions

Registered
on my gsxr 1k i installed my new arata exaust system and hooked up my power commander and decided to load a map from dyno jet for that system. when i did it started running real rich and stalling out. come to find out it fowled out my plugs. so i bought new plugs and unhooked the pc3 and pluged it bac to stock thinking it would go back to stock settings. come to find out it didnt its still running rich. my question is should it have gone back to stock after unhooking the pc3 or does it lock that mapinto my ecu? is there a way to rewset back to stock? what did i do wrong? please help.
Posted via Mobile Device

i am pretty sure once the pc is removed the map is removed as well. not 100percent sure though. when i installed my full system i didn't notice it running rich but once i got a pc3usb and had it custom mapped I found out it was running very rich. with the custom map it ran better, smother, and no longer rich.

I thought it would go back to stock also...if you have any doubt, the PC program or website should have the stock map that you can load into the power commander~!~

Once you removed the pc it should have fixed the problem, if that was infact the problem to begin with. Did you change anything other than the pc and exhaust?

If you unplug the PC...it runs off the stock map in the ECU. If the bike still runs rich and fouls the plugs...something wrong with the bike :poke:

Could be a sensor, or something the wiring...what else did you do ???

Once you removed the pc it should have fixed the problem, if that was infact the problem to begin with. Did you change anything other than the pc and exhaust?

thats all i did i put on exhaust rode it for about 20 min. it ran fine. then i did the pc3 and thats when it started running rich.
Posted via Mobile Device

If you unplug the PC...it runs off the stock map in the ECU. If the bike still runs rich and fouls the plugs...something wrong with the bike :poke:

Could be a sensor, or something the wiring...what else did you do ???

thats it.... could it have messed up a sensor? i did take he air box off. but i hooked everything back up and i checked it three times.
Posted via Mobile Device

thats all i did i put on exhaust rode it for about 20 min. it ran fine. then i did the pc3 and thats when it started running rich.
Posted via Mobile Device

Double check EVERYTHING anywhere near you were working when you installed the PC...electrical connections, fuel lines, vacuum lines...something could be kinked, or pulled loose. You might have missed something...

thats the plan Check check and check some more, I am taking to get dyno tuned sometime next week he should be able to tell me whats going on shouldn't he?

my plugs weren't fouled but she was running rich after i put the full exhaust on and thats all i did. the custom map fixed it. as long as the sensors are hooked back up the dyno should be able 2 tell you whats going on, and hopefully fix the problem as well.
good luck
let us know how it works out

Sounds like the PC isn't setup correctly for your bike. Unplugging the PC3 and and plugging it back in does nothing to reset it. If you put the bike back to stock it should still run correctly. Did you install the O2 sensor bypass plug? If the O2 is still connected and the PC is trying yo adjust it the bike can run very rich.

Like said, I would double check the installation of the PC and anything you may have bumped. If you remove the PC it should have gone back to running properly with the new plugs if the PC was the problem.

Did you try resetting the PC ?

"When loading a map, ALWAYS use the "Reset Button Values" feature located under “Power Commander Tools” on the Menu Bar located at the top of the Power Commander Control Center software".

That's what I was told to do before "loading" a map. Just wondering if that's what you would need to do to get rid of one ??

Last edited:
what year is the 1k to start with? Made sure you hooked the PC to the correct fuel rail? PC wire connected the the pink wire off the TPS sensor? Make sure you pluged the fuel injectors connectors to the correct injector. it is easy on some to hook the correct wire to the correct injector. Also make sure the clicked or are not loose when installed.

Other than the The PC makes the corrections after the factory computer. The factory ECU no no difference if its there or not. Once you unhook the power commander it will be all stock again, as long as you unhooked the powercommader fromt he fuel rail.
Almost sounds to me like you need to check your fuel injector plugs again.

on my gsxr 1k i installed my new arata exaust system and hooked up my power commander and decided to load a map from dyno jet for that system. when i did it started running real rich and stalling out. come to find out it fowled out my plugs. so i bought new plugs and unhooked the pc3 and pluged it bac to stock thinking it would go back to stock settings. come to find out it didnt its still running rich. my question is should it have gone back to stock after unhooking the pc3 or does it lock that mapinto my ecu? is there a way to rewset back to stock? what did i do wrong? please help.
Posted via Mobile Device

What you did wrong was installing a PC on your GSXR1K in the first place. Take that thing off, toss it over in the neighbors yard and don't look back. Your Gixxer will run just fine. All you accomplish with a PC on a Gixxer that is basicly stock is create problems.

If you have doubts, take your bike to a tuner and do a basic HP pull. After the PC install on the same day, on the same dino do another HP pull and see for yourself!

The ONLY way to tune your bike if you insist on a PC is to have a tuner like Greg or Johnny Cheese tune that puppy. Otherwise you are just poking a pig in the dark and you have no idea what you have.

i am pretty sure once the pc is removed the map is removed as well. not 100percent sure though. when i installed my full system i didn't notice it running rich but once i got a pc3usb and had it custom mapped I found out it was running very rich. with the custom map it ran better, smother, and no longer rich.

How much does it normally cost to have someone make a custom map for the pc3?

Back