Power Command It?

rdnckjim

Registered
For some reason my PC3 USB has officically stopped commanding the power, thinking I might want to upgrade to the PC 5 but is it worth it? currently have two bros slip ons and k&n filter, and airbox mod nothing big but I'm thinking of getting a full exhaust sometime in the future, long story short should I get the 5

I did a bone stock Gen 1 with over 20,000 miles on it last week. The customer wanted a powercommander and a custom map, even with his stock pipes and airbox. Bone stock, it pulled 163 hp @ 98 ft.lbs on its own, without the powercommander.

We made no changes to the bike, just installed a powercommander and did a custom map. Afterwards, it pulled 168 hp @ 104 - the gains were across the board on both hp and torque. It is not a leap to conclude that the stock ECU map sucks right from the factory, and it sure doesn't improve when you install slip-ons and an air filter. With that in mind, I say get the PC-V and get it mapped right. It will be a different bike . . .:rulez:

ECU Editor!!!! Why spend your money on another something that is just like what you already have that is broken?

Back