Post Your Mount! Is Mine Overkill?

RL03Busa

Registered
1000003738.jpg

My bike still looks and runs like its brand new, I wanted to keep a somewhat stock appearance- is that why you still run stock exhaust? Lol

I've done nothing to intentionally keep it looking stock. The OEM cans, unlike the later model cans, look very good IMO and sound good and are NOT huge like later models are. All I’ve done is have them powder coated. I have more than one set and have modded one set by removing the end plate chrome beauty cover and drilling 1/2” holes thru some of the baffles. The sound is great but I actually lost 5 hp on the dyno. Pops on decel sometimes too. At WOT the stock cans sound fine to me and look as good as several expensive slipons. But I don’t have stickers to catch my eyes in front of me or side reflectors. Some stickers are still on the frame and swingarm though. I use a stem stand for my radar detector.

IMG_4101.png

IMG_4100.png

Last edited:
I've done nothing to intentionally keep it looking stock. The OEM cans, unlike the later model cans, look very good IMO and sound good and are NOT huge like later models are. All I’ve done is have them powder coated. I have more than one set and have modded one set by removing the end plate chrome beauty cover and drilling 1/2” holes thru some of the baffles. The sound is great but I actually lost 5 hp on the dyno. Pops on decel sometimes too. At WOT the stock cans sound fine to me and look as good as several expensive slipons. But I don’t have stickers to catch my eyes in front of me or side reflectors. Some stickers are still on the frame and swingarm though. I use a stem stand for my radar detector.

View attachment 1676816

View attachment 1676817
Very nice bike man. For future reference lets keep our criticism's to ourselves unless asked for...Ride often and Ride safe!:)

Ooooooh....very nice! I think I'm going to have to follow suit and put a camera on the back of my windshield too...:thumbsup:
One thing to note! GoPro is known to run hot using an internal battery, I didn’t know this till after I bought mine and it would shut down after a few hours. I removed the internal battery and power it from my battery bank problem solved. Oh and I had to buy a different battery door from GoPro to accept the power cable.
Also I like having my camera mounted where it is because I can see my gauges when I look back at footage for my accidental wheelies. Lol

Back