Possible Bike Scam? Need input please.

Hey James, send me $99 and I will send you a list of buyers... (I need your mailing address to send the phone book too)

:rofl:

(sorry bro, had to do it... glad you had your wits about you anyway)

Hey James, send me $99 and I will send you a list of buyers... (I need your mailing address to send the phone book too)

:rofl:

(sorry bro, had to do it... glad you had your wits about you anyway)

LOL, your killin me. :laugh: Never thought about that angle, wasnt sure what the dude was going to propose except I didnt like the phone message and it sounded fishy.

hey it is a verifiable list of possible bike/car/truck buyers... and it would hold up in court... :rofl: I hate scammers just about as bad as spammers... reason they come after spammers is that spammers cost me money anyway.. scammers I can avoid...

Talk about bike scams!!
My cousin is looking so here is a reply from some azz on craigs...
LOL

Hello,
The price is $2600.
This bike is a real 'head turner' and it will make you proud, it is in excelent condition,never been involved in accidents, only 13,600 miles, VIN:JS1GR7HA2Y2101089 clean and clear title,no mechanical problems,no scratches,flaws or any kind of damage,all functional and it will need nothing in the near future.
I have the bike sealed at DAS terminal in Atlanta, GA ready to be shipped out will take 4-5 days through DAS and it will be free,my previous buyer(his loan did not get approved)already paid for it and DAS didnt want to refund him the shipping fee.
I cannot meet face2face I have a new job in Tucson, AZ I would like to use Autotrader Vehicle Purchase to take care of this deal, smooth and safe. Let me know if you have any other questions, hope i didnt miss anything.
More pictures here: Picasa Web Albums - erpechere - infiniaa
Thank you,
Irwin.

the only thing that would sell for 2600 with only 13000 miles is a ninja 250. If its a nice bike thats a scam.

We were selling a horse and had the same thing happen. It is a scam. The guy wanted us to take a check for more and send him the difference. If it sounds too good to be true probably is.

the only thing that would sell for 2600 with only 13000 miles is a ninja 250. If its a nice bike thats a scam.

Trust me, you do not even wanna know what I responded with to him.. If I posted it here, not only would I get banned, I would loose a lot of respect! :laugh:

Trust me, you do not even wanna know what I responded with to him.. If I posted it here, not only would I get banned, I would loose a lot of respect! :laugh:

honestly I wonder...

Why not take the bait?

Take his check.... but do NOT send him the difference...

Scam him back..tell him you cant make it to the bank right away to cash because your wife is in the hospital or some bs..

Cash the check and see what happens.. if it bounces, you lost nothing but time and MAYBE..just MAYBE since you said you werent cashing it.. he still left a trail of account numbers where you can catch him!

Just a thought after a Burger King triple stacker at 12:30am:whistle:

honestly I wonder...

Why not take the bait?

Take his check.... but do NOT send him the difference...

Because the cashier's checks they send are stolen cashier's checks and are not valid. Their hope is that you will send them the difference BEFORE you attempt to deposit the funds and then you are left with nothing and they have your money. A co-worker got one of the fake cashier's checks. When we called the bank listed, it was out of business.

Because the cashier's checks they send are stolen cashier's checks and are not valid. Their hope is that you will send them the difference BEFORE you attempt to deposit the funds and then you are left with nothing and they have your money. A co-worker got one of the fake cashier's checks. When we called the bank listed, it was out of business.

Not to mention if you deposit the check and it bounces you end up with a charge for it. Now most banks will waive the charge once you go down and talk to them and explain you've been had. some people won't even do that out of embarrassment though.

I blame "Wimpy"! He was the original Scam Artist! :laugh:

"I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today!"

Back