Please read, this is serious.

NCBusa2001

Registered
THIS IS LIFE AND DEATH SERIOUS.

Please read.

Well,...I just finished working a 12 hour night shift. I thought I would come home and relax a bit before I went to sleep (Kims already sleeping). I bring up the DVR menu and watch the cspan coverage of the conference I referenced in an earlier post.

For those that know me, know how laid back (and “upstandingâ€) I am. The 3 hour no-commercial telecast brought me to tears at multiple points. Now, I’m wound up and won’t be able to sleep. This show was taped on 6/25/06. Well before the current “flare up†in middle east. I wonder what the speakers would have to say TODAY. Needless to say it affected me.

Most importantly I’M SCARED. You know when you have one of those “life changing†moments well IT HAPPENED TODAY!. I’m a father of two and one soon to be and THOUGHT I had everything “under controlâ€. NOT!

I have been on this board for the last 3 years or so and have made some personal contacts. So, those that I have interacted with might take me at my word. For those that don’t, I have strived to be decent all my life. I have tried to help EVERYBODY that I have ever come in contact with, in some way. This is serious stuff guys and girls.

For those who are concerned and all others, please start at:

http://www.americanscholarssymposium.org/.

I fear at this point it might not matter much given the current “fuel†in the chaldron. (Side note, You believe 2 C felonies justify bombing a country for two weeks, and counting? Question, If you were a Lebanese youth, when would you stop firing what primitive rockets you had back at a country that was KILLING YOU?)

Luckily I have been in “prep†mode for some time but am in no way READY. PLEASE this is serious. GET THE INFORMATION. Please check references and credibility of the speakers. Recheck the validity of the theories. Most importantly LISTEN and let the blinders be raised. I suggest everyone needs to get their game-face on. Remember to focus on fundamentals, you know Maslow’s pyramid (food, shelter, water, etc).

I’m mad, I have a good life. In many respects a great life in some’s eyes. I don’t want things to change. This will likely be my last post of substance. I may post references to web-sites from time to time (as long as the net is up) but rare accompanying text. I will still contact those I already know, but new members will “get to know me†at future bashes.

Time to double up on the tinfoil.

This sucks,

Chris

Sorry...

I have no sympathy for terrorists, terrorist cells or countries that knowingly harbor them.

NCBusa2001, I am not trying to be offensive, but this is end of the world type propaganda that is used to sell stuff, as evidenced by all the suggestions on that site to buy their DVD. This is bunk and if you allow this to control your life and negatively affect your family then doom on you.

Don

NCBusa2001, I am not trying to be offensive, but this is end of the world type propaganda that is used to sell stuff, as evidenced by all the suggestions on that site to buy their DVD. This is bunk and if you allow this to control your life and negatively affect your family then doom on you.

Don
+100

That's a very commercial site selling a very specific agenda. It shouldn't be too hard to find another site that takes the opposite viewpoint and is just as alarmist, and has lots of stuff to sell to you.

You're being marketed to - generating fear is a nice way to make a profit nowadays...

No comment.
Thats tellin' 'em NJ...
biggrin.gif

We should have nuked the middle east instead of Japan back in the day...

I'm not normally into the conspiracy theory stuff. I realize there is another agenda, re selling books and DVD's. It was just the overall picture that got me thinking. Just because someone has an "agenda" doesn't make me immediately discount their message. Everything we see on TV has an "agenda" in some fashion.

YH2K- You missed my point entirely. I hate terrorists and am VERY pro military. Kind of a "Kill em all and let allah sort em out attitude". This is not what I am discussing here though.

It's the "fishy" nature of the arguments presented to the american people thus far that bothers me.

I don't expect to change anyone's minds and I am not selling anything. I was just trying to relate my feelings after I saw the show. I'm not a sucker and I am fairly well educated (cum laude from UNC, multiple degrees, etc). I'm a little more well read than the average bear, but...The information presented in the show isn't something that has been well distributed to the masses.

The feeling I got from the show was a kin to someone taking off a blindfold, only to realize that they are in freefall with the ground quickly approaching.

I am usually a born cynic, but I found it difficult to argue the basic points of the show's premise.

The only reason I posted this here is because I CARE ABOUT EVERYONE HERE. I'm not trying to get anybody to drink the water, I'm only trying to show people where the spigot is.

Best regards.
Chris

Oh brother, what a bunch of po-dunk.

"...release the juggernaut of truth."
laugh.gif

- Charlie Sheen.

Duh...think his wacky father had anything to do w/ Charlie getting involved w/ this BS?
rock.gif

Fear sells. Better than anything. Look at the insurance industry. Probably the largest of them all.

Most conspiracy theory crap, I dismiss out of hand. There may be something to some of it but not enough to get my panties in a twist.

Look. There is some bad shid going on out there in the world but regrettably, I'm not in a position with enough power to do anything about it. I have a very limited range of influence and I exert it where I can and that's it. Just a smile to the lady who fills my order at McDonald's is a good start.

Not trying to minimize the problems. This new Middle East/Israeli war concerns me a great deal. Iran concerns me a great deal. N. Korea concerns me a great deal. China's economic policy concerns me. There are fifty other things that are going wrong out there but since I'm just another peon, the most I can do is drop a smile and good tips to people when I can. Other than that, I refuse to let fear rule my life and I WILL emit as many good vibes as I can regardless of my many concerns.

Just rambling along.

--Wag--

I watched a few minutes of it while taking a break from riding..

so I dont' really have an opinion either way.. but for Cspan to give these guys several hours of airtime... to me... speaks volumes about their credentials and standing in the serious political community.

that being said... I didn't watch enough of it to form any opinion. I did dismiss them as typical tin foil hats.. but like I said... Cspan don't normally have anything other than ultra serious and extremely boring political stuff.

now on cnn, or fox, or whatever... yah, I would stand by my crack pot theory.

Who knows.. maybe our gubmint has gone nuts or whatnot. It's happened before, I'm sure it'll happen again (not necessarily our gubmint.. I just mean gubmints in general here)

as far as what Isreal is doing... nah.. you'll find no sympathy from me.

Your talking about a country that ELECTED ... KNOWN terrorist organization members to positions of authority of their country in large numbers.

Look at it this way... if the democrats where a well known terrorist organization and we the people started electing them to run the country.. I would expect the chit to hit the fan at some point in the near future.. especially when they started itentionally provoking a country that has bent over backwards trying to get them calmed down. (doesn't seem like much land to you, but the west bank got a whole bunch of jews killed to get/keep it).

Personally.. the kidnapping was just the match to the powder keg that Isreal had been waiting for. How happy would you be if you made an agreement with a country to not have terrorist camped at your borders only to have them camped on your borders and constantly killing your people?

I don't understand why we back Isreal so much sometimes.. but I do understand why they do what they do. My only real question is why are they not annhilating the country and anybody else in the region that dares to make a damn peep.

and why do they keep trying diplomacy? Hell.. the negotiations start with. We will be satisfyed when all jews are dead... and it always ends with the same thing.

I will completely agree, and understand when Isreal stands up in some waste of time negotiation one of these years and says "Ya know.. you been talking that smack for basically all of history... Guess what dipchits.. it's game time."

and proceeds to go on a killin' spree till somebody finally has to step in and stop em. (which would probably be us of all people cuz god knows europe hasn't got the balls to do anything about anything)

I liked what I heard on NPR a few days back.. they were interviewing some do-lally gubmint dude and they asked him about the recent attack on them by Israel and his reply was..

"When we kidnapped the soldiers we did not expect them to react in this way."

JESUS!!!!! well of course you didn't... just like po-dunk up there is saying.. it's just a class whatever felony or whatnot.. we just keep doing that kinda crap and blowing up random chit and nobody will ever actually get mad will they? I mean we are just killing people .. why are you so upset and attacking us?

Personally.. if I gotta be kidnapped by the damn extremists... I'd like to be from Isreal.. atleast I'd know I was gonna take some of them with me instead of like it was with the american hostages.

"We are doing everything we can, hopefully they let them go, but we don't negotiate with terrorirst"

good! Don't negotiate.. start blowing some crap up.. make my pointless beheading cost them something.. ANTHING!

they don't understand anything about "our" world.. they only know that when they get killed they aren't going to be living in a god forsaken rat hole in a dessert with nothing as told them by their religon. They got nothing to lose.. so what difference does it make to them anyway?

Hell I say mass produce "martyr machines" and advertise it as "Be killed by an infidel today! No line no waiting, go to (wherever they go) today! only $5.99" and see what happens.

ahh, i'm rambling... but anyway. Go Isreal, whip their asses and don't stop whippin till there isn't anything left to whip. They already hate you.. they will never stop hating you... you got nothing to lose and atleast some level of security to gain.

Wag and ego, Great points. I guess it will end up every man for themselves when the SHTF. Sadly, hind sight is always 20/20. I agree fear sells and is also a strong motivator for change. I'm just fearing the direction that the change might take. We have already been lulled into trading some measure of freedom for a false sense of security. I just hope we don't see any more "motivators" in the near future.

I admit that my panties are in a bunch right now. This is partly due to my consideration of new trains of thought. The "light" so to speak has been shown and my eyes just happened to be open at that particular time. The easy road has always been to accept what we are told and go about our business. It is too easy to think, "bunch of crazies" and dismiss the message without any thought. It's fairly easy to spin something, when most people won't even think through the possibilities.

I'm not going to fundamentally change my life over this. Like I said I have always had a paranoid flavor. I have always tried to be prepared for most situations, whether it be riding or any other pursuit. I have always been an eternal "boyscout" and would probably make a pretty decent Mormon given my level of advance preparedness.

I'll stop for a bit,
Chris

So I guess I would get flamed bigtime for pointing out the difference bewteen a Holy war and our wars for profit. But this Israel crisis has been inplace for about 3000 years and will be until the end of time. I don't think Condi's gonna settle this one. or the USA for that matter. They don't understand us and we don't understand them, PERIOD.

I think it was Ben Franklin who said, "Those who trade liberty for security deserve neither and will soon lose both." Rather profound, if you think about it. If you rely on the gub'mint to provide your security for you, you have to give up freedoms to allow them to accomplish it. In other words, you have to be, "taken care of." Look at social security. Been around since about when? The '30's or so? What did people do to take care of their retirement years before that? It wasn't the government? Nowadays, people believe that the government should provide all kinds of services that used to be provided by the people in their own individual lives.

Granted, I'm not saying we have to go back to the late 1800's and everyone take care of themselves. There are plenty of advantages to our current society which allow us to do more and better things for each other and for ourselves. I've benefited from many such things as have we all. The problem is, where do you draw the line? Just how much do we wish to be dependant on the government to provide our needs for us?

I've digressed a great deal but I think the point is, we are still able to take care of most of our own needs despite the trend of people to ask for more and more from the government and social programs. The price of asking for more and more is less and less freedom and greater and greater dependancy.

Independance of thought and action is important and that's where I wanted to go with this. It's important to not allow outside influences, including fear, distract you from what you believe to be right and good. Don't get me wrong, healthy fear has it's place and serves a valuable purpose, like making you wear your gear when you ride! But if it stops you from riding altogether, it's unhealthy and useless. If fear stops you from living in peace inside your own mind, it's unhealthy and destructive.

Again, just rambling.

--Wag--

P.S. I used to BE Mormon. Don't wanna go there again!
biggrin.gif

I think it was Ben Franklin who said, "Those who trade liberty for security deserve neither and will soon lose both."  Rather profound, if you think about it.  If you rely on the gub'mint to provide your security for you, you have to give up freedoms to allow them to accomplish it.  In other words, you have to be, "taken care of."  Look at social security.  Been around since about when?  The '30's or so?  What did people do to take care of their retirement years before that?  It wasn't the government?  Nowadays, people believe that the government should provide all kinds of services that used to be provided by the people in their own individual lives.  

Independance of thought and action is important and that's where I wanted to go with this.  It's important to not allow outside influences, including fear, distract you from what you believe to be right and good.  Don't get me wrong, healthy fear has it's place and serves a valuable purpose, like making you wear your gear when you ride!  But if it stops you from riding altogether, it's unhealthy and useless.  If fear stops you from living in peace inside your own mind, it's unhealthy and destructive.

Again, just rambling.

--Wag--

P.S.  I used to BE Mormon.  Don't wanna go there again!  
biggrin.gif
If I need to trade a few simple liberties to make the country more secure for me and my family, so be it. If they want to track my telephone calls, what books I check out of the library, etc. I really don't give a sh*t.

Back in the 30s and beyond you were a freak show if you made it to 60 years old so SS wasn't much of an issue until after the depression when almost everybody was unemployed. Now people live until about 75 and growing. Let me keep my SS and invest it myself. At least I'll be able to better support myself when I retire.

I'm for less gov't in our lives and more self accountability, but sorry we as everyday citizens can't protect ourselves from terrorists. We do need the gov't./military regardless of how misguided our intelligence agencies may be to protect out country.

Back in the 40s this threat would be closer to being eliminated - no political media coverage, just find em' guilty and eliminate em'...sounds cold I know; worked in WWII.

This Islamic terrorist movement is the next closest thing to the Nazi movement only now we have to handle it delicately. Wars should be fought behind closed doors...definitely more effective.

Your talking about a country that ELECTED ... KNOWN terrorist organization members to positions of authority of their country in large numbers.
Amen and pass the chicken!!!

And no, I dont think I have missed the point here.
Hezbollah are among the founding fathers of terrorism and yes, they are an active part of the Lebonese Govt.

NCBusa do not lose sight of one solid truth; these cats would ice you and I and both of our families and use a bomb strapped around their own children to do it!

Back