Please pray...

BaybeBusa04

Registered
One of the girls at my work has been out since Friday. She was pretty sick, throwing up for days etc.
I called her yesterday to see how she was, we talked for a little bit I jokingly asked if she was pregnant. She said no...im on birth control.

Late last night she was admitted to the hospital having a sezuire (sp)
They did an emergency c-section. She was 7 months pregnant!!
She delivered a baby girl. 2lbs 4ozs. The baby is ok so far, other than being 2 months early. I worry though because she was still on Birth control.
She had no clue she was pregnant. She would have said something, thats the type of person she was. She was heavy set, and her body didnt change at all. Minor back pain (my guess is from carrying in her back) minor headaches. But if you arent thinking "pregnancy" there are other reasons for pain.

Im going to see her hopefully tonight or tomorrow. Loading her up with Abbi's premie things and whatever else I can think of!
Please keep her and the new baby in your prayers!

I hope your friend come out OK. But even more, I hope that precious little Baby does well. If I can help in any way let me know. I'll do whatever I can.

David

OMG, I can't imagine what last night was like for her...
sad.gif

I'm hoping the little baby girl will be okay and that Mom will be fine...

And just remember, so many "Moms" do far worse thoughout pregnancies and their babies make it, so this little one's got a good chance...what a shock all of this has to be though...

Give her my best Carrie and please keep us posted...
smile.gif

I just talked to her, she is really doped up. She didnt find out until early early this morning what happend.
It was preclamsia...her blood pressure was extreemly high!!
Baby is great, she'll be in the nursery for a little over a month..but shes breathing on her own...just a little help from the oxygen tubes.

She's in such shock...shes all ready to go buy baby clothes and all that...but then it hits her, OMG i have a baby.
Im gonna go tomorrow to see her since the weather up here is gonna get bad tonight! I'll take lots of pictures!

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, they're gonna need them

I can't begin to imagine the shock! I wasn't ready for either and I knew I was pregnant!

Sounds like the baby will be okay...it's going to be tough to have her in the hospital all that time, but it's for the best...

Yes, pictures please!
smile.gif

And if I had ANY baby stuff left, I'd send it her way...I gave it all away years ago...
sad.gif

Strange how life is always throwing us curves. I am sure Mom and Child will be fine. It is really good she ended up in the hospital because eclampsia can cause fetal demise not to mention killing the Mom's kidneys and more.
Tell Mom, Tom whom she does not know, says Merry Christmas and prayer has gone out
biggrin.gif

Best of wishes to her and her child
cool.gif

Does the "father" know about all of this yet?
rock.gif

Women only need an annual checkup unless there is some other pathology going on like a personal history or family history of cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, endometrial cancer, or maybe endometriosis.

Prayers sent.... But I must say, "this baffles me"

Nevertheless, wish her and her baby a Happy Holiday.

Prayers sent.... But I must say, "this baffles me"

Nevertheless, wish her and her baby a Happy Holiday.
It baffles a lot of people. BUT she is heavy set so its harder to feel fetal movements. Normal pregnancy symptoms can be diagnosed as different things when you tell the Dr. you're on birth control and such. You think they would "just test you" but they dont always. And like Michelle said, women go for check ups of that nature once a year unless there are other problems and you need to be seen mroe often.
Like I said so far so good. Hopefully her mom will be calling with an update soon!
Thank you all again!

Glad mom and daughter are doing okay. It will definitely make for an interesting story in the later years! Best of luck to both of them.

This is one of the very few things to which I'd be willing to make a contribution. Does she have medical insurance? Is she married? Is she going to have the support of the baby's father?

I hope she'll be okay. PM and address to me and I'll take the wiff and go baby clothes shopping. My tank bag will hold a LOT of little PJ's!

biggrin.gif

Seriously, my heart goes out to her and the little one. Christmas time is no time to be in the hospital. Just ask Ms. Wag.

--Wag--

Back