Please be safe out there....

Ruben

Donating Member
Registered
Love this website and visit everyday.

Just posting to ask you all to be extra safe this year out there... Have heard of too many that we've lost in accidents...

A professional boxer Diego Corrales was killed on a GSXR1000 by a Honda Accord...

Please be extra safe out there .... Have fun but be safe 1st.... Bless you all.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/box....pe=lgns

Sure thing, Ruben.

Just make sure you do the same
cool.gif

I couldn't believe the news this morning. I was shocked. Just yesterday
a lady almost rear ended me 2 minutes from my house.
I sometimes feel like hanging up the riding.
My condolences go out to his family.

yeah, if you do the speed limit some nut wants to tailgate, and if you go faster they pull in front of you or cut you off while never using a signal.

i stopped behind this girl in a turn lane. all of a sudden she starts backing up because she's in the wrong lane. all of this while holding a phone to her ear. geez

Yea, there's been a lot of death crashes lately.. Wear your gear! Always leave suited up as if you're expecting to crash, that's what I do..

BE SAFE AND AWARE!!

Great Boxer w/a hell of aheart.
Saw him fight Mayweather and
when most would have quit he
kept getting up. As a boxing fan
I will miss him, as a fellow rider
I mourn his death.

R.I.P Diego

(kaosccw @ May 08 2007,17:39) yeah, if you do the speed limit some nut wants to tailgate, and if you go faster they pull in front of you or cut you off while never using a signal.

i stopped behind this girl in a turn lane. all of a sudden she starts backing up because she's in the wrong lane. all of this while holding a phone to her ear. geez
That's why you do a happy "medium". Speed to get out of clumps of traffic and back off when you have some space around you. Knowing your area and picking your route for the time of day/night always helps. City and highway's are not as busy during school work hours. During those times, taking backroads and less popular main routes are nice.

As for parking at lights, always position yourself ready to lanesplit incase someone behind you doesn't want to stop or you encounter a bimbo like you did that wants to back up. It's not hard. Just let 'ol murphy's law come into your thinking and decipher a route of escape if your life depends on it. Being proactive works alot better then testing your riding gear or going into a fit of mirror busting rage.
beerchug.gif

Don't you guys know the story? It's hard to have much sympathy for a guy roaring thru a residential neighborhood and hitting the accord from behind as he tried to pass; and without a driver's license, much less a motorcycle endorsement!!! It was suspended for a DUI. It was excessive speed and complete inexperience that cost him his life according to accident investigators. Sad yes. Preventable yes.

(Towervu @ May 08 2007,23:43) Don't you guys know the story? It's hard to have much sympathy for a guy roaring thru a residential neighborhood and hitting the accord from behind as he tried to pass; and without a driver's license, much less a motorcycle endorsement!!! It was suspended for a DUI. It was excessive speed and complete inexperience that cost him his life according to accident investigators. Sad yes. Preventable yes.
Harsh but true!

Thoughts and sympathy for his family!

Back