Plastic Removal

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Here is a little trick to make removing your 08 plastic a bit easier in the future.

As we all know the biggest problem in removing both left and right lower panels is getting the buggers seperated from the nose cowling. This is what I did to make it easy.

Those four little clips that snap into the nose cowling that poke out about a sixteenth of an inch and clip into predetermined slots underneath the lip of the nose cowling, take a little emerycloth or fine grit sand paper and buff just a little of the sharp edge of all four clip off. You don't want to take much off, just enought to round the edge of the lip off. Then apply just a little heavy grease such bearing grease or number two general purpose grease. Next time you tug on them they will pop right out.

I also grease up the three little tits that snap into the rubber gromlets. Makes them snap in and out much easier. You don't need much grease on anything, just a tad on the end of your finger and apply it sparingly.

Give this a try and you'll be very happy next time you pull the plastic!

Had the same problem, but took a small flathead screwdriver and sliped it under the nose cowling by the exhaust and put it in between the lower farings and it popped right off, maybe I was lucky.

Good read!

I cuss Suzuki everyday since I pulled the complete fairings off for all my mods to go on!! It took me a 1hr and 30mins just to pull the fairing off, when it would only take 30 mins tops on the 99-07 model. this bike has the most ridiculous(sp) spots to put hidden bolts and crap on/off.
But the good thing is the HP!!!

Feel your pain, I think most of us here had issues, with pulling our panels off!! I know it took me about the same time to pull it apart the 1st time.

I made a trip to the garage with coffee in hand this morning and removed both side panels. Took me all of 3 minutes until they were both hanging on the wall. It's not half bad once you get the hang of things. Takes a bit longer to put them on though.

Back