plan on selling the daytona955i for a 07 zuki 750

(Charlesbusa @ Jan. 18 2007,11:17) Generally you trade in and its your down payment.  You finance the remainder.

You'd get a better price selling it yourself in spring, when everyone wants a bike.
ok so since i owe around 8,500 on my loan for my bike and i trade it in for the gsxr1000 which is around 10,000 ....your saying all i would owe is the 1,500 differance...its all so confusing to me. im pretty retarded when it comes to this. lol. well i got one of my friends that wants to buy it ( take over payments ) so pretty much he is gonna take a loan out to pay off my loan and he will be making his own payments...then i wont have any at all....at that point i just go to the dealer and finance for a gsxr1000 right....if they let me take out another loan. which i dont know if they will...that bike was my first loan and im only 20 yrs old...it was real hard for me to get that loan for my bike...i needed a co sign and then i got it put in only my name. anyway, i think i got the idea but not 100% sure on the trading part
crazy.gif

Just don't get wrapped up in that $99/mo. Suzuki financing...all that interest will eventually bite you in the @ss.

Get a loan from a Credit Union if possible.

When I bought my busa last week, I traded 2 bikes.  They took both of them and applied that to the cost of the bike.  I got 6700 for my 2 bikes (a 2003 vtx and a 1980 cb750) and got my new '06 busa for 9400 out the door, taxes and all.  Essentially, I owed the dealership 2700 bucks.  Fortunately my tradeins were paid for, so i was able to get a cashier's check for the remaining balance.  

Whoever said to sell the bike yourself was definitely right though, you'll get more $$$ for it doing it that way.  However, for my situation, itr was easier to just trade them in, because I don't like the colors on the 07 busas, and I didnt want a used bike, so i wanted to jump on the 06 while there were still some to be had.  You ALSO need to keep in mind that in the spring, the dealers are going to be less flexible on pricing as well, because, as was said, everyone wants a bike in the spring.

Springtime is the best time to sell, and the worst time to buy, so it all kinda balances out.  Have you considered looking at any "leftover" 2006 bikes?   I have 2 buddies that I ride with that have done this.  One picked up a 2006 CBR1000RR for 8500 bucks OTD, and another picked up a GSX-R 1000 for 9700 bucks out the door.

If you don't care about having this year's model, its the best way to go, IMHO.

"ok so since i owe around 8,500 on my loan for my bike and i trade it in for the gsxr1000 which is around 10,000 ....your saying all i would owe is the 1,500 differance...its all so confusing to me. im pretty retarded when it comes to this. lol. well i got one of my friends that wants to buy it ( take over payments ) so pretty much he is gonna take a loan out to pay off my loan and he will be making his own payments...then i wont have any at all....at that point i just go to the dealer and finance for a gsxr1000 right....if they let me take out another loan. which i dont know if they will...that bike was my first loan and im only 20 yrs old...it was real hard for me to get that loan for my bike...i needed a co sign and then i got it put in only my name. anyway, i think i got the idea but not 100% sure on the trading part"

Well first, a few basics: if you owe 8300 on your bike, and they give you 8300 for it on trade, you're essentially GIVING them the bike, and you'd owe the full amount for whatever you are trading on. Now, if, say, you owed 8300 on your bike, and they gave yuo 9300 for it (not likely, but it makes things easier to figure) it would be the same as you putting 1000 bucks down on the new bike. For your down payment, you figure in what they're giving you for yours minus what you owe on it. Some folks wind up "upside down" on their trade. where your bike is worth 8 grand, but you owe 8300 on it. in that case, they would ADD 300 dollars to the price if the bike you were trading for. I hope that makes sense. if not, PM me and I'll see what I can do for you to make it easier to get.

As for financing a new bike, well, it's going to depend on your credit. Have you been paying your bills on time? have you defaulted on a credit card payment? had a car repossessed? Not made your bike payment on time a lot of times?

A lender is going to look at your credit rating as well as your income to make a decision as to whether or not they want to extend you credit, and how MUCH they are going to give you. here's an example: if you are 20 years old, making 40 grand a year, have perfect credit, and want to get a loan on a 2 million dollar home, they're going to laugh you right out of the office. Why? because they know you have no means of making the payments.

Another thing they are going to look at is your debt to income ratio. Simply stated, thats going to be a precentage of how much miney you bring home versus how much you have going out on bills. If you're bringing home 3600 bucks a month, but paying out 3000 a month in home, car, credit card, etc, they wont finance you. However, if you're bringing home the same amount, but have no outstanding car loans, a 400 a month rent payment, and 50 bucks a month in credit card payments, they view you as having a lot better ability to pay. Hope none of this was too confusing, and that it helped. again, PM me if you need any more help.

Someones been advertising '06 Busas for 8999 on here. They're probably gone. The local dealer is asking 11900.00 for the '07s. You eat a lot of money doing a one year turnaround on any vehicle. Trade ins usually suck. Good Luck.
beerchug.gif

No, if you owe $8500 on your 955 and you trade it in on a $10K bike you owe what the difference is compared to what the dealership wants to give you for the 955. Honestly i don't see them giving you any more than $4500 for the 955.

great tips. im now no longer THAT confused about all this. it really sucks that you just cant go in there and say hey im gonna borrow $10,000 and buy this bike and then leave. wouldnt it be nice if it were that easy. so anyway, i talked to a friend of mine and he said he may buy it, which is good. that gets the bike payments and insurance off me...but the one thing im worried about is selling it and then not being able to get a big enough loan to buy a new one 2006 or a 2007. thats where i screw myself over ( which is what im good at ) so i dont want to sell it until i can get approved for another loan, but its no likely for me to get approved for a 10,000 loan if i have a 8300 loan im still paying on. if i trade it in for what i owe on it 8300, so then i will just have to make payments on the new bike with a 10,000 loan....right? but if i only get say 6,000 for my bike, i still owe 2300 and then payments on the new bike? i knew i should have just went ahead and got the gixxer to start with but i couldnt get it without a co-signer and my cousin was sellin the 955i and he said he would co sign with me if i bought it so it was pretty much my only choice. anyway, keep on replying.

You owe 8500 on your triumph

Dealer will give you probably 4500 trade in.

--------

Since you still owe 4000 on your triumph in this scenario, you'd have 2 options.

Continue making payments on the 4000 you still owe for the triumph and for the new 10,000 loan.  If they approve you for a second loan.

Or Take a loan out for 14000 and that pays off your triumph loan and buys the new bike.

Odds are you can make more money if you sell it yourself.  But not if you sell it to a friend as a good deal.  You need to try and sell it to someone who'll pay the most for it, which will be in spring time.  No matter what, you'll never sell the triumph for 8500, so you'll end up oweing no matter what.

Go to www.kbb.com and click on the motorcycle link in the bottom left area.

and see what your triumph is worth.

Notice they have 2 categories.
Trade-in
Retail

Back