Pita

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
Bought a set of tires six weeks ago. Put the front one on, rear still had some miles left in her.

Got the Cush Drive Rubbers in from Tim Friday. Close enough on the rear tire. Pull it down and wrestle that rear tire off and on. Replace the cush drive rubbers and at first I have about a 1/4 inch gap between sprocket and wheel had checked all the packaging because the Gen I and II are different, compared the old and new and felt I had the right parts. Couldn't get it together. Finally put a few two by fours on the floor, rotor down and clear, sprocket installed. My fatazz worked well as a press, gap gone. Almost get it together, notice the brake side bushing ........... on the floor :laugh: pull it down again, put it back together, getting pretty good at finding the slot in the swingarm for the rear caliper. Almost get it together again .......... yep guide plate for aligning rear tire on floor :duh: wishing I had a few Busa buddies living in my state. Pull it down again and after fighting that rear caliper one more time ......... pretty good at it by now, get her put together. Cleaned the rear wheel with WD-40, looks new. 24K of chain wax on the chain side hub. Took it for a shake down ride around the block .......... first stop sign , pump up the rear brake. Really should have done that on the driveway. Learn from my mistakes :laugh: All is well. 2 1/2 hour tire change, well I did eat a sandwich during the process.

Thanks Tim and forgive me, before I used my girth to press the sprocket in the hub I thought a bad thought :rofl:

Bought a set of tires six weeks ago. Put the front one on, rear still had some miles left in her.

Got the Cush Drive Rubbers in from Tim Friday. Close enough on the rear tire. Pull it down and wrestle that rear tire off and on. Replace the cush drive rubbers and at first I have about a 1/4 inch gap between sprocket and wheel had checked all the packaging because the Gen I and II are different, compared the old and new and felt I had the right parts. Couldn't get it together. Finally put a few two by fours on the floor, rotor down and clear, sprocket installed. My fatazz worked well as a press, gap gone. Almost get it together, notice the brake side bushing ........... on the floor :laugh: pull it down again, put it back together, getting pretty good at finding the slot in the swingarm for the rear caliper. Almost get it together again .......... yep guide plate for aligning rear tire on floor :duh: wishing I had a few Busa buddies living in my state. Pull it down again and after fighting that rear caliper one more time ......... pretty good at it by now, get her put together. Cleaned the rear wheel with WD-40, looks new. 24K of chain wax on the chain side hub. Took it for a shake down ride around the block .......... first stop sign , pump up the rear brake. Really should have done that on the driveway. Learn from my mistakes :laugh: All is well. 2 1/2 hour tire change, well I did eat a sandwich during the process.

Thanks Tim and forgive me, before I used my girth to press the sprocket in the hub I thought a bad thought :rofl:

:rofl::thumbsup:

I bought a set of aftermarket cush drive set from a member on the board here (not Tim) who had never used them. I could not, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, get the rear back on with them. The rubbers added space between the sprocket and hub that I could not overcome (so I hammered on the sprocket - and of course bent the seal so had to replace it)...back to stock for me...

Skydivr, I had the same issue going. Used the rubber mallet, then noticed that the seal or something looked bent. It was an oh great moment. Put the axle in and managed the straighten it out, or get it back in it's proper place. I ended up standing on the rear wheel assembly to get it put together. Then put the rear wheel back on a few times :laugh:

Hey Yo James, I have a little girth ......... well enough for this job

I don't know about them but I was :rofl:

I obviously had my mind elsewhere, it was one of those God doesn't want me doing this things :laugh:

:bounce:

Practice makes perfect,,,,,,,,,,,

Or it drives you insane!

I've got to where I don't even want help when removing wheels or putting them back on. No one seems to be quite as meticulous when making sure everything is lined up

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

That's the nice thing about my Envy lift.....
Low scissor under the wheel, or a 2x4 shimmed to get the wheel close to the axel hole alignment...combined with a wheel alignment tool like Tigers....
20 minutes off and on...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330195674.283470.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330195714.098637.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330195768.869678.jpg

I see a lot of posts about how much of a pain in the butt these cush drives are to install. Makes me have second thoughts about getting a set when I swap my tires out in a couple of weeks.

I have heard everything from they go in just fine, to I said to hell with it after fighting with them for too long.

I compared the set I bought to a set of OEM. They were a different thickness but about a quarter inch. Recommend if you want to change them, just put another set of OEM's on there and bypass the hassle. I could not get my rear wheel back in to save my life :banghead:

Dang I thought I was gonna see like a gyro on a pita sandwich or something.
Just some fat guy changing a tire on his birthday is all?!

Move along, nothing to see here :(

Back