Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pilot road 2

smonroe86

Donating Member
Registered
anybody using them i read in the motorcycle mag that they are the best
for everything twisties, upright, and rain!

Pilot roads (and road 2's) are a sport touring tire, they're supposed to be pretty good for the mileage you can get out of them. I believe they have a dual compound, so the edges are softer than the center tread, like the pilot power 2cts.

If you want the stickiest thing michelin makes, get the pilot power 2ct's. They're supposed to be able to lean like 43 degrees in the wet, and over 50 degrees in the dry. I don't think the tread pattern is as good as the roads for heavy rain though.

I just have a tough time with a tire that only lasts 3K (4 sets a season)...

curious on the mileage of the Roads... I think they are my next set

I am thinking about putting a Road 2 on the rear, witrh a normal Pilot Power on the front for my next set. We'll see how that works out. At the moment, I am shredding Power rears in 3000 miles.

I think you would like the Pilot Roads. They're plenty sticky for the street, great in the rain, and last longer on heavier bikes. They came stock on my FZ1 and made me confident from the get go. Just my $.02.  
hello.gif
oops, now I see you mean the PR2's. No experience with those.

what the cheapest you found them for yet ? i was looking at them whem i bought the 2ct's but they was 185 $ for the rear .

so far they are all running about $325 per set TYD You can find them on Ebay as well for the same price. Just make sure you are getting the Road2 (2ct tire)

I am on my first set of Corsa 3's and I got 5K out of the rear (4500 of that is highway)and the back is totally toasted. I ran them at the Fall busa bash (brand new) and so the sidewalls are about 60% worn out (just above the wear bars) and they did just fine for me. I just want longer life

I switched to 2CT's about 500 miles ago. I ride semi-aggressive in the twisties and they stick like glue. However, I still have a 1/2" strip on both sides. I never run all the way out... plenty fun in the lines. Anyway... I run the 190/55 and if you do twisties... the profile is GREAT. Would I buy them for daily commute or straight lining... probably not. I would go more tour...

I switched to 2CT's about 500 miles ago. I ride semi-aggressive in the twisties and they stick like glue. However, I still have a 1/2" strip on both sides. I never run all the way out... plenty fun in the lines. Anyway... I run the 190/55 and if you do twisties... the profile is GREAT. Would I buy them for daily commute or straight lining... probably not. I would go more tour...
Road or Power?
The roads shown above are single compound and the 2ct uses the same tread design as the power

I'm also curious about the Pilot Road 2. I just bought a Bridgestone BT-021 (also dual-compound) rear but haven't mounted it yet. Has anyone tried either/both?

I just ordered a set. We'll see how well they do on the Dragon. They're pretty expensive right now, but the best I'm doing with the PP's is 5k. That's kinda pricey too.

Top Bottom