Picked up a cool rag last night...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
well folks?..I figured I'd share this as it was somewhat of a cool eye-opener for me as after I took the family out for our traditional saturday night dinner out?..we did the usual blockbuster (trade the video's in thing) and hit the winn dixie grocers...where even though i've promised myself that i'd abstain from purchasing any motorcycle rags i still do a fly-by thumb thru at the old mag rack...checking out the (often times laughable) headline articles of sport rider, cycle world and motorcyclist magazines when I stumbled upon one that sparked my undivided interest...a rag i've not noticed before...wether it's new or just that it be the first time i frequented any place that stocked such...a rag entitled...

"MOTORCYCLE ESCAPE"

and what a cool rag for the seasoned, over-commercialized rider...a rag that sparked the imagination and conjured up dellusions of grand two wheeled travel...pointing out and describing in detail some of the best loops the world and this country (USA) have to offer...hot spots other than the dragon...under-rated and under-ridden...as the "SUMMER '06" issue debuted in picturesque detail...

American Gems...such as

1. West Virginias "Alleghenies":...rollercoaster twisties carving their way through the beautiful allegheny mountains with two wheeled roadways rivaling and in parts besting that of the awesome Blue Ridge and Great Smokies.

2. New Mexicos "Billy The Kid Byway"...where the rag specs out an 80 mile loop of killer curvage just south of Capitan running through Ruidoso, Hondo and then north through Stanton and back into Capitan.

3. Route 66: from chicago too sanat monica and all it's notable milestone landmarks.

and also included adventure touring articles including some of the best routes that brazil, laos and morroco have to offer and get this..a review/comparo article on the best 11 tank bags out there.

as i thought...hmmm...sweet...finally...a rag with some substance for the ST'ing enthusiasts amoungst us..as I did something I haven't done in quite a while...i bought it.
biggrin.gif

Thinking...wouldn't it be so cool to go somewhere different that isn't over-run by adrenaline rich, skillz poor loud mouthed squids being looked after by a flock of medivac helicopters?
tounge.gif

Now...that said?...several years ago (circa 2001) I bought a one way ticket from palm beach international too newark, nj where I got off the plane wearing my alpinestars with an HJC helmet in one hand and packed saddlebags in the other (as "carry -ons" )
laugh.gif
and bought a slightly used Blck '01 Yami FZ1 and rode it 1,300 miles back home to south florida..taking 81 south for 2/3rds of the way out of pennsylvania...and upon departure?..all my old ZRX buds warned me to keep it cool through west virginia..as the local leo's don't play nice there..so?..AI kept it at 80 and under..but still..riding through the sweepers in the clouds was an awesome sight...at times?..looking DOWN at the clouds..stunning...surreal moments when I felt like like an angel on my own jet powered rollercoaster...sparking memories of such as I read this welcome and refreshing rag.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

New Mexicos "Billy The Kid Byway"...where the rag specs out an 80 mile loop of killer curvage just south of Capitan running through Ruidoso, Hondo and then north through Stanton and back into Capitan.

i have rode that before it is an all right run hot as heii usually but it is dry heat so you will burn through some tires out there trust me

Back