pic of short meg without baffle?!

myfirstbusa

Registered
I didn't put my Brock's short meg system on and I have no clue if the baffle is in it. Mine isn't as loud as my buddy's 14... that's why I'm curious. Can anyone post a pic of the inside of theirs without the baffle so I can compare please?
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh, you'd know. Here's a shot with it in-without it in it would just be an open megaphone, and make your ears bleed!

IMG_1513.jpg

If you have the end cap that says handle or brocks the baffle is still in. There is a spot for an Allen bolt that holds it into the megaphone. If you installed the exhaust straight out of the box it still has the baffle in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That answered it for me fiend! Thanks a bunch. Is there any advantage to removing the baffle?
Posted via Mobile Device

You'd be making glass break the next county over? Making pot holes on the other side of the world? hehe...

That answered it for me fiend! Thanks a bunch. Is there any advantage to removing the baffle?
Posted via Mobile Device

If you are still running the stock motor there isn't other than making it louder. It does change the tone giving it a deeper growl. If you are running a larger motor or nitrous then it will help.

Can any damage occur to the motor with an open megaphone? A guy mentioned to me that I could potentially melt a piston. Any truth to this? Any remapping required?
Posted via Mobile Device

Can any damage occur to the motor with an open megaphone? A guy mentioned to me that I could potentially melt a piston. Any truth to this? Any remapping required?
Posted via Mobile Device

You should be fine running without the baffle in without having to remap. Just normal wear and tear on the motor with or without it in. If you don't feel comfortable take it somewhere and have them do a baseline run and check the a/f ratio. Should be close.

From listening to one for a few hours on a group ride recently, I'd just say that it was objectionable and unsuited for public roads.

To me it is not as loud as most Harley's around here. Don't get me wrong it is still loud but not that bad, unless the person is cruising at 8 or 9k rpms which shouldn't be done on the streets anyways.

To me it is not as loud as most Harley's around here. Don't get me wrong it is still loud but not that bad, unless the person is cruising at 8 or 9k rpms which shouldn't be done on the streets anyways.

If you remove the megaphone from a megaphone exhaust it's a good bit quieter. Not recommended, but just saying. Basically running open header.

Brock's told me yesterday on the phone that it might not gain me anything... but running mr12 and track map for the dyno shootout out.. it definitely won't hurt either
Posted via Mobile Device

Back