PC3

Billy Busa

Banned
Im gonna get a PC3 and was wondering how difficult they are to use? How much difference does it make in getting a PC3 and is it worth it?

I just got a PCIII and it wasn't that hard to setup; just follow the instructions and you'll be fine.

If your just putting it on and expecting a big jump in power, not going to happen.  Its more of a tuning tool for when you really start changing the exhaust system and fuel system around.  I had one on with a stock map and exhaust and it hurt it, took it off and the bike ran better and way cleaner. Not saying it happens with all,but what I experienced. Heres a pic of the plugs using the PC3usb with stock map & exhaust after many thousands of miles. For me it was a waste of money till I resold it on ebay.

b_016.jpg

They are not hard to put on and load a map.

Are you talking about a 99-07? If so:
To correctly tune the bike, you will need a dyno and or a logger with a wideband 02. There are some performance gains with some "canned"￾ maps but I'm not sure about being worth the expense on an otherwise stock bike. However, if you plan on adding a full system later, you are going to need one. So if you are like me and do things in steps as you can afford it, you can install it and try a few canned stock maps. Then after you fit a full exhaust, get it tuned. You are not out any additional money then.

The 08 is going to see even less benefit even with a pipe. Some but you will need to decide on your budget vs performance desires.

Back