How is this possible?

Quicker Gixxer

Registered
I did the ECU swap on my 2001 and it went fine. Initially I planned to dump my PC3usb so with the help of Icemansid I found a way to convert my PC3 Map to ECU editor. Pc3 only provides a TPS map..but Icemansid had a map for a 1397 in ECU editor and used that for to provide the IAP map, then converted my TPS from PC3 to TPS in ECU editor.

Then I decided to keep my PC3 and here's what happened. After the ECU swap....started the bike on just the ECU....seemed to run really good. I hooked up the PC3 (as an experiment)...revved it some...seemed fine so I took it for a ride. It ran really well...maybe better.

My assumption was that since the converted ECU map already had the changes...then the PC3 running on top...making the changes again should make it run like crap. Since it was adding and taking away from a different map...as it was initially tuned to a stock hayabusa map. So if the ECU added or removed a certain amount of fuel...the PC3 was doing it again. I'm taking it to the track today for some testing both ways...and get on a dyno soon, but I'm just wondering if my understanding of how the PC3 works with the ECU is off.

Any ideas ?

I didn't know the 01 pc3 USB wld let the bike run with a 32 bit set up. Hmmmm. I got 4 pc3 USB's laying arnd collecting dust. Hmmm ;)

I'm not sure it is yet... I guess it's possible that it's just acting zero'd out and passing the signal from the ecu. I won't know until it's tuned through the PC3 to see if it makes a difference.

I got a C32 FI code at the track....I'm guessing that the PC3 adding extra fuel at lower RPM's was ok (a tuner I talked to said maybe the bike wanted it..and that's why it seemed to run better)...but at higher RPM's it becomes too much...thus the Injector code. I disconnected the PC3...went back to the track...no Code. I probably just need to get it tuned to my new ecu map and I'll be good to go. But yes...the PC3usb works fine with my 32bit ECU.

Back