PC III

BRUDEH

Registered
I just order the PC III w/USB, is this hard to install an setup. Do I need to have the bike tuned or anything once I get setup or will the PC do this for me.

Hard to Install? No - very straight forward with plugs that fit right into your harness in line. Should take you about half an hour.

Is tuning needed? That depends a bit on your bike. If it is all stock then the map that comes with it should work pretty well. If you have an aftermarket full exhaust system then you should take your bike to a DynoJet tuning center and have a custom map made for it - Cost about $300

Kent

If you dont want to spend the $$ on a custom map job, you can always just download the map specific to your brand of exhaust from powercommander.com. Ive heard the results are pretty good, while not as "perfect" or dialed in as a custom map. Some people just want some sound from a new pipe and all they need is to match the fuel curve to the new pipe a little better than just leaving it stock. Ive got a custom map, though, and i will say it IS sweet. The driveability sucked on my bike with D and D pipes before the PCIIIusb was installed.

Very easy installation... connect the cables as shown in the instructions and slip it under the rubber bands on top of the factory ECU.
smile.gif

Just Ordered mine from Johnnycheese. Glad to see it's a real quick install as, after the last few bikes I had, I promised this one wouldn't be all modded out like all the others had become.........yeah right. So you see, the quicker I can slap it in there un-noticed, the better it is.

Back