parents, is this ok?

The problem lies when the young girl is dressed or posed so as to provoke sexual objectification.

Go to Europe and you'd be shocked by the children running around topless while wearing thongs. Over. there it isn't stigmatized by the conservative's prudish sexual outlook, it is just sun-worship and nature.

Things get twisted when all nudity is grouped with sexuality, hence the discussion here. In my opinion, the young girls are performing something akin to what showgirls perform in Vegas thus toeing the line of sexuality.

Thank you, said exactly what I was thinking. :thumbsup:

I don't have children, but no way would I allow a daughter to wear those outfits or perform in that way!!!

Perfectly said! Exactly

The problem lies when the young girl is dressed or posed so as to provoke sexual objectification.

Go to European beaches and you'd be shocked by the children running around topless while wearing thongs. Over. there it isn't stigmatized by the conservative's prudish sexual outlook, it is just sun-worship and nature.

Things get twisted when all nudity is grouped with sexuality, hence the discussion here. In my opinion, the young girls are performing something akin to what showgirls perform in Vegas thus toeing the line of sexuality.

the young girls are performing something akin to what showgirls perform in Vegas thus toeing the line of sexuality.

Projekt nails it! Well said. Selfishly, I'm happy to find out I'm not really a prude. I try to keep up and follow new trends, but this struck me a little off.

Yes, yes it is all in good fun..... just part of the subliminal re-programming and de-valuation of human worth

:cheerleader::cheerleader:
The ONLY problem I have is they are not 18 and able to choose to dress like a skank on their own adult bad decisions. Let's see..... in close up shots [from my local news paper website] it is skin tight, shiny leather looking... super short skirts..."low cut" front whatever they call that... knee high leather boots... and top it off with pink wigs.... usually sold on halloween [and adult toy stores] for that special hooker look. I think they said it was a scene from "Cats" or something - thus the ears. Not Halloween, taken couple weeks ago at some ball game.

I'm not a parent at all, but I think this is wrong. Yes, I know it is all in good "fun" and I sure the parents are laughing and taking lots of pics... but if i WAS a parent, my little daughter would not be wearing this out of the house unless she was 18 and bringing in $4000 a week. I know it was all in good spirited fun, but yes, kids DO grow up way too fast

I ask because I thought maybe I was behind the times and turning into a prude of some sort. But I guess not, huh?

parent:
"PREGNANT? ! ? ! ? She's only THIRTEEN!!! How the heck did this happen? ? ? "

DUH! ...I wonder...

Complete with bad boy biker zippers
de?NewTbl=1&Avis=D2&Dato=20090107&Kategori=COMM&Lopenr=901070812&Ref=PH&Item=1&Maxw=450&Maxh=400.jpg

I have a 7 year old girl. I am a little uncomfortable with it.

its a dance routine people for crying out loud, there's nothing wrong with those outfits, the dancers were them all the time....good grief!!!!

Back