parents, is this ok?

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
parents, is this ok?
aged 6 - 7. just wondering.
de?NewTbl=1&Avis=D2&Dato=20090107&Kategori=COMM&Lopenr=901070812&Ref=PH&Item=2&Maxw=450&Maxh=400.jpg

I don't see a big problem. The clothes are not skin tight, and the shorts are long enough.

I don't have any girls so I really hate to comment. My one and only is 5 and of course as I just stated a boy. Having said that, I do not think this would be deemed appropriate for my comfort zone in parenting. Looking at the picture I am unsure of what is going on at the event or if it might be Halloween. Of course I may been on the opposite end of the spectrum, the young girls I see heading off to sixth grade in the morning (when I am taking my little one to school) look like they are headed to the club.

Last edited:
seems a little wierd but I can't really articulate why. Sorta one of those things that lacks you go hmmmmm.
Posted via Mobile Device

eh, not any worse than little cheerleader outfits my little ones used to wear. trust me, I wish the stuff my 14 year old wears was that tame.

I'm old school. When I see stuff like this and it may be intended to be in good taste and fun and games, I think of how our country is in such a terrible mess especially with sex and it's related to everything and everywhere we look. I think it's because we allow and or accept just about anything as acceptable and that is what over many years has lead us away from good family values that continues to breed and or contribute to corruption. Children grow up way to fast and we should not speed up the process but help them be kids and enjoy a healthy structured childhood filled with genuine love from parents and family. Just my 2 cents from someone who misses the good old days.

I'm old school. When I see stuff like this and it may be intended to be in good taste and fun and games, I think of how our country is in such a terrible mess especially with sex and it's related to everything and everywhere we look. I think it's because we allow and or accept just about anything as acceptable and that is what over many years has lead us away from good family values that continues to breed and or contribute to corruption. Children grow up way to fast and we should not speed up the process but help them be kids and enjoy a healthy structured childhood filled with genuine love from parents and family. Just my 2 cents from someone who misses the good old days.

That is closer to what I was thinking.
Posted via Mobile Device

The ONLY problem I have is they are not 18 and able to choose to dress like a skank on their own adult bad decisions. Let's see..... in close up shots [from my local news paper website] it is skin tight, shiny leather looking... super short skirts..."low cut" front whatever they call that... knee high leather boots... and top it off with pink wigs.... usually sold on halloween [and adult toy stores] for that special hooker look. I think they said it was a scene from "Cats" or something - thus the ears. Not Halloween, taken couple weeks ago at some ball game.

I'm not a parent at all, but I think this is wrong. Yes, I know it is all in good "fun" and I sure the parents are laughing and taking lots of pics... but if i WAS a parent, my little daughter would not be wearing this out of the house unless she was 18 and bringing in $4000 a week. I know it was all in good spirited fun, but yes, kids DO grow up way too fast

I ask because I thought maybe I was behind the times and turning into a prude of some sort. But I guess not, huh?

parent:
"PREGNANT? ! ? ! ? She's only THIRTEEN!!! How the heck did this happen? ? ? "

DUH! ...I wonder...

Complete with bad boy biker zippers
de?NewTbl=1&Avis=D2&Dato=20090107&Kategori=COMM&Lopenr=901070812&Ref=PH&Item=1&Maxw=450&Maxh=400.jpg

Oh Sure, line dancing now, acting all cute and innocently sexy, next thing you know they're pole dancing not so innocently anymore. Values!

If it is in fun and as a joke then that is OK.
Like dressing up for halloween.
If the parent takes it serious and wants the kid to dress like that other than as a joke, that is a problem IMO.
Kids are innocent until someone else takes charge and corrupts them.
Kids want to act out and pretend and that is what it looks like is going on here.
I think it is up to the parent and other adults in a childs life to guide them in the proper direction.
My grand daughters play with Bratz dolls (disgusting things), and they are young and just pretending.
When they get into the "attitude talk" I tell them that sounds silly and do they really want to look like those dolls, and I turn up my nose - and say "gross".
So far they don't want to go down that road as they still respect me and my views and because I don't like it, they don't either.
That will change, but if you try and ban stuff from their lives (toys, clothes etc.), and their friends have it, they will just use it when at their friends.

Last edited:
Doesn't seem so bad. I will say that those kiddie beauty pagents make me want to puke. Utterly disgusting. I get rabid when I see that crap! I guess in fact even the teen and adult pagents seem in poor taste IMO, but six year olds in full make up, evening gowns and swimsuits? That ought to be outlawed.

Last edited:
Doesn't seem so bad. I will say that those kiddie beauty pagents make me want to puke. Utterly disgusting. I get rabid when I see that crap! I guess in fact even the teen and adult pagents seem in poor taste IMO, but six year olds in full make up, evening gowns and swimsuits? That ought to be outlawed.

True, I can't stand those kiddie pageants either. Their stage mothers ought to do some time for making them perform like that. But, I see nothing wrong in what is pictured above. For all of you that do somehow imagine that its inappropriate (or worse) for 6-7 year olds at an obvious school or sports event...SHAME ON YOU! What a dirty mind (you) have!

I've seen lttle girls in bikinis that I thought was way too much. I wouldn't have let my Daughter out the house in it.

One very important bit of info I forgot to mention. Just think of the freaks lurking everyday watching these kids like the guy who may have fathered that puppy or the Jeffery Dahmer's. These guys are just looking at these kids especially when they dress for drawing additional attention like a smorgasbord waiting to be the next John Benay Ramsey. We need to be paranoid for the threat is very real and getting worse. I'd rather be paranoid and have my children home safe then to lose them and wonder if I could have done more.

how is dressing like hookers "imagining that its inappropriate"? tell me with a strait face you would be PROUD of your EIGHTEEN year old daughter dressing like this going out to a bar late night. maybe at a burlesque show it'd be fine for 18 and OLDER, but for 7? ? Come on.

"We need to be paranoid for the threat is very real and getting worse." <-truth

The problem lies when the young girl is dressed or posed so as to provoke sexual objectification.

Go to European beaches and you'd be shocked by the children running around topless while wearing thongs. Over. there it isn't stigmatized by the conservative's prudish sexual outlook, it is just sun-worship and nature.

Things get twisted when all nudity is grouped with sexuality, hence the discussion here. In my opinion, the young girls are performing something akin to what showgirls perform in Vegas thus toeing the line of sexuality.

Last edited:
Back