Pair valve removed  , what do I do with

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
Ok Techs I did remove the pair valve, and the large hose off the valve went to the engine vent ( Nipple thingy-- I thought nipple & thingy would get your attention) . I guess it would be a case vent ..There were no hoses connected to the air box? Should I connect the case vent ( thingy ) to the air box or attach some sort of Filter breather , vent cap etc.. I dont think blocking it off would be a good idea.... Also does anyone have an extra insolation that goes under the gas tank ( Expensive?) Thanks
corner2.png

I didn't remove the case vent hose. Why did you remove it? If you did, I would at least put a little breather filter on there. This should be the hose in the center back section of the airbox. The pair valve hose is on the rh side of the box. You can cap the airbox with vacuum caps, and then use the breather filter on the case (I never removed that part.) Also cap the little vacuum port by the throttle body as well that the Pair valve was attached to.

rock.gif
rock.gif

You follow the hose from the pair valve and it goes to the back rh side of the air box cut the hose and install a bolt.. do the same with the small hose that goes to the throttle bodies..

Didn't need to unhook the crank case breather and whatever you do DON'T plug it..

rock.gif

The pair valve hoses were already messed with before I got the bike.. the air box is pluged and someone ran the vent to the pair valve ..I knew that better not be pluged .. I removed the pair valve , but just wanted to make sure my thinking was correct . I was either going to get a small breather for the vent tube or ( should I connect it to the air box? Let it ask as a PCV ) Yep the small hose I pluged .. Thanks for any advise. While we are at it what is the best grips for the $$ ( remember I'm a poor boy).

Yes your thinking is correct.. Hook it back up to the air box or buy a crank case filter.. K&N makes one..

Back