pair unhook????

gsteve

Registered
Im changing oil and thought Id at least unhook the pair. Im assuming to remove it I have to remove the headers??? If so , Id rather save the removal for when I install pipes. What and how , do I unhook? Im doing this due to the odd backfire I get , I understand this can harm the motor. Thanx guys.. sj

If it was me I'd wait until you did the pipes. You can do it with the headers on but it would suck the big one. Don't forget to get a block off kit to close up all the holes. I've seen several places that sell the block off plates, I went with the BDE kit directly from Brock, although I should've gotten it from Tom at Veltune, same kit, less money, just didn't know that until after I bought mine.

Do a search on pair valve and you'll find several good posts with pics showing what comes off where.

Here's a link to my photo gallery from my exhaust install. There are a few pics of the PAIR garb I removed in there.
wink.gif

http://www.pbase.com/crazytrainbusa/brock_hindle_install

Here's the best pic I have that shows all of the PAIR stuff after removal.

23428101.jpg

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091688343 -->

Meant to say, if you just want to stop the PAIR valve from workin' until you do the exhaust swap, simply plug the line goin' from the air box to the PAIR valve with a plug or small marble. With that line blocked the PAIR can't pull the air from the airbox to inject into the exhaust. Some folks plug the line and leave all the crap on instead of pullin' it all off. I guess it's a matter of preference and a couple pounds of weight.
wink.gif

Here's a link to my photo gallery from my exhaust install. There are a few pics of the PAIR garb I removed in there.
wink.gif

http://www.pbase.com/crazytrainbusa/brock_hindle_install

Here's the best pic I have that shows all of the PAIR stuff after removal.

23428101.jpg
Hey Bullet, I didn't know the pair on the '03 had the gold color lines on them. Shiiiit! I might have to buy that one from you and re-install it..
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
Just BSin' with you, but yeah, just do what the other guys said. It's a whole lot easier with the headers removed. I also had to remove the radiator and oil cooler when I installed my exhaust. So just save yourself some heartache and wait until you get your full exhaust, or just do like ol' Bullet said and just remove the suction line from the right side of the air box just above the throttle cable and plug the hole. I used an old bolt that was spared when I installed the new stainless lines. The bolt that mounts your line to the master cylinder is the perfect size because it screws in that hole very snuggly. I also added just a smidgeon of silicon to the bolt so that it will never loosen up. Hope all this great advice helps.

Brian

Hey Bullet, I didn't know the pair on the '03 had the gold color lines on them.  Shiiiit!  I might have to buy that one from you and re-install it..
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
 Just BSin' with you, but yeah, just do what the other guys said.  <snip>
They aren't gold, but they do kind of look like it in that pic. That's just the reflection of the warm evening sunlight in the chromed tubes.
wink.gif

Here's a question though, is there any real reason to remove the PAIR even if I am not going with a full system?

I am sending my Factory header and midpipe to Jet-Hot and I figured hell, While I am in there I may as well yank the PAIR. Is there any benefit to this? I know if you swap out your cans and get a lot of backfiring it's a good idea but I am not having any problems. So the question I have is; Are there any compelling reasons to remove the PAIR while I am in there and running Akro Cans?

Here's a question though, is there any real reason to remove the PAIR even if I am not going with a full system?

I am sending my Factory header and midpipe to Jet-Hot and I figured hell,  While I am in there I may as well yank the PAIR.  Is there any benefit to this?  I know if you swap out your cans and get a lot of backfiring it's a good idea but I am not having any problems.  So the question I have is; Are there any compelling reasons to remove the PAIR while I am in there and running Akro Cans?
1-2 "theoretical" horsepower and a couple pounds weight drop... I wouldn't have removed mine if I hadn't went with a full system. Wouldn't be worth the hassle or the cost of the block off kits.
wink.gif

Well is it that big of hassle though? I don't mind doing the owrk now cause as soon as the stand shows up I am going to be tearing into the Busa anyway As you know... Front side, and inner fairings are all coming off, pipes have to come off, front end is coming off...

If it's a pain in the ass, then I won't bother but if I am allready there with headers removed.... Hmm.

Back