Painted muzzy fan

EastCoast

Donating Member
Registered
I'm not the best painter with a spray can, or, any can for that matter. I bought a Muzzy fan and decided to paint it before putting it on. Take into account that it has flaws and I will be wet-sanding it and applying more paint to try to get it better looking. I really don't have a place that one would consider adequate for painting, and I'm not going to paint inside my house. With that said here are the pics.

This is out of the box

FanPreSand.jpg

As I said, I'm going to wet-sand it and apply a couple more light coats. I just thought it would be fun to have a painted fan. I mean it's not like it's going to be seen, right?
laugh.gif

WOW, Steve... I thought you gonna make it candy colored...
What up bro? How you been?

I should have just sent it to you for powder
smile.gif
What, you don't think it looks like candy?
tounge.gif

In all honesty I should have sanded it smoother than I did. I should have polished it too. That would have given me the anodized look I was going for. The fan needs to be seen in person. Now that the paint had time to dry some more it looks really good... except for the flaws!

I have to wait for the paint to fully cure... then wet-sand and more coats of paint. I think it will look pretty good when I'm done.

I'd be careful..............Anything red and fast is more prone to receiving a ticket from the Man!
tounge.gif

I`ve been alright.... I think.. for most of the time..

You can send it to me for powdercoating but then You have to have something else to play with....
biggrin.gif

If I was you I`d micro balance this fan and polished it for best airflow... kinda porting for the fan.....:laugh:

I'd be careful..............Anything red and fast is more prone to receiving a ticket from the Man!
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I can hear him now. "License, registration and proof of insurance. Sir, do you know how fast your fan was going?" "I spotted your red fan about a mile back!"
cool.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Looks pretty good to me!

See there.. now if ya had gone and painted it Blue/Silver,
it would be going so fast he wouldn't be able to spot it!
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

I finally put a clear-coat on the fan. It's still not perfect, but I'm so tired of working on it I don't care
tounge.gif

Here is a pic under direct sunlight.

fan_direct_light.jpg

Back