Paint Problems

Plunk

Registered
Well I've got an unexplained phenomenon on my bike. I took my baby out yesterday evening to give her a good wash. I get around to the right side and just about dropped dead from a heartattack. There's a small spot about half the size of a dime missing out of the blue paint. I've got an '02 blue/black. There's no scratching or sign of any impact. On a really close examination in good light it looks as though the paint around it is starting to crack and will flake if not touched up. All I have are the touch up pens from color-rite.com for use on rock chips or minor problems. It's almost got to be a factory defect. There's no other signs of trauma in the area of the spot. It's just a clean missing chunk of paint. It's only as deep as the blue layer. The black layer underneath is untouched. What should I do? Obviously I need to touch it up before it goes further. Should I talk to my dealer about this or take care of it myself?

I have an 02 blk/blu and had no paint probs, sounds like a chemical got on it? either way take it to the dealer, I just had 2 new panels put on my 03 1k cuz tiny little spots of paint were coming off. but its a well known issue with the first runs of the silver 03. but you never know?

I've got an 03 Black/Grey and knock on wood, no paint problems yet.

I would take it to the dealer first and see what they are going to do to help you. Worst case, you can get it fixed yourself, but I'd start with the dealer.

Ride Safe!

ive got the same bike bl/ blk and no paint issues exept i need a tank protector. if youve had it less than a year take it to the dealer.

the paint on the plastic parts of my '01 black & silver chip very easy. your's sounds like a chemical got on it.

Back
Top Bottom