Paint Codes, 2006 Black/Grey Busa?

LeeFL2

Registered
Trying to find paint codes tha can be matched by my local auto paint store. This is what I got:
2006 black/grey Busa:
YAY Pearl Nebular Black
YHF Phantom Grey Metalic

Does anyone know how to get this paint mixed, ie, a code that translates to the auto industry standard? Color-Rite is a ripoff, $170 per quart...

I bought a spray can from Color Rite a while back $33. Looking for some more paint and I am in the same boat as you. Dont need a quart, but pint are too costly also, around $60.

It's going to be tough to get mix codes...because even at dealers bodyshops they just order new parts already prefinished.

I went down this same road when I hadda paint my undertail. And painting is nothing new to me, but when I tried to get the paint mixed by my favorite Autobody supply, they had no idea where to start. They had to use the digital camera/computer thingy.
Why is this?

It doesn't make sense that you have to be held to using the colorite paint... Or having to buy it from the dealer.

Dont't know if this will help, and you may already have this information. The Suzuki paint code for pearl nebular black is YAY, and for the gray it's phantom gray metallic and the code is YHF. This should cross over to something. Good luck.

Back