Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Owners with EBC HH pads

Rosco

Registered
Hey guys,

I just put in as set (front and rear) this afternoon.

Wow! What a difference.

I was wondering if they maintain their performance as they age.

I expect some loss as they wear and get contaminated with road grime and moisture but will they stay as good for an extended period.

I ask because I don’t really understand why they seem so much better than the stock items, which are HH rated as well. (The stock rears are GG)

Could it be the fact that they’re new and I've just become used to the originals as they wear out? Or are they really a superior compound.

It's hard to remember what they were like 3 years ago when the thing was new.

Any ideas?

<!--EDIT|Rosco
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131261636 -->

Rosco, did you do the SS brake lines as well or just the pads? Did you tackle the HID yet?

Later

Working on the SS lines next, then maybe the HID.

Will take a little time after the $600 speeding fine last week plus the new tyres.
blush.gif

Things can be a little nore expensive here, and if I get stuff from the US the $0.75 Australian dollar + shipping hurts a little as well.

But I'll get there.
smile.gif

Cheers
Ross

<!--EDIT|Rosco
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131262333 -->

Sometimes they will glaze and therefore squeak,you then have to take them off and scuff them with some sand paper along with the rotors.NJ.:)

Mine still squeak, but work well. Of course its only been about 4 months.

I'm about ready for new ones and they seem to be working as well as they did when I first put them on.
My rear brake squeaks every now and then, but scuffing gets rid of it...I trail brake alot which is what I believe is glazing them.

How many miles do you guys get out of a set of pads? And also, do these EBC HH pads wear the rotors faster?

I have about 12000 miles on mine..rotors don't appear to be wearing any faster then the should.

HH won't wear rotors any faster than stock. At least not any significant amount. The EBC HH pads I installed when I went to the Stainless lines are freakin really damn impressive. I mean scary powerful when new and I don't think they have faded any, so much as I have finally gotten used to them.

i have had mine on for about 2000 miles. still bit hard, but i just get tired of the damn squeaking they do. lol

Mine bit like crazy when brand new, but have faded a bit as they have aged. They have worn fine and still stop well, just not as good as when new. Rotor wear has been almost undetectable. Mine have never squeaked, just the usual whirring sound they are known for.

mine are great! especially when they warm right up. they glaze occasionally, but not as often as the stock pads.
wink.gif

No problems at all with mine. I run a turbo which means I am often going too damn fast so I like to slow down quickly. The EBC's are perfect.
Mad`

EBC HH's and EBC Pro Lite "Contour" rotors on mine along with SS lines. STOPS ON A DIME!

*tip* when replacing your pads, clean the calipers and pistons thoroughly with some brake cleaner and make sure to bleed your brakes properly. Scuff the disc's with a heavy scotch brite pad (or sandpaper) even if they're new. DO NOT run the bike up to speed and grab a handful of brake to "seat" the new pads. This will more than likely glaze your pads and you'll have to take them off to scuff them again. Follow the rule of easy braking for the first 150 miles or so, then gradualy increase lever pressure. The pads will need to "mate" or "match" with the rotor surface. They do not need to "seat".

Also, IMHO, do not use the HH's on the rear unless you like locking up the rear A LOT! The standard EBC's or stock pads with a SS line are plenty powerful for the rear. If you do use the HH's in the rear adjust your rear brake lever so that your not applying so much pressure as to lock it up.

Top Bottom