Opinion please,busa and 2 up riding

elrwfo

Registered
OK, I own a 10r as my street and track bike,but I'm looking for a great 2 up bike. Does the busa fit this description? I feel with a taller windscreen,bar risers and maybe corbin seats that the busa is the ticket.I'm a kawasaki fan and have never owned a zook. I'm selling my zrx and another track bike to help pay for a new 2 up bike. The seats on the busa look to be close to the same elevation so the passenger is at a good level with the rider. Are the passenger pegs at a comfortable level also?? How are the seat for comfort on a stock busa?? I've sat on a busa and it would seem a benefit to have risers for longer distances?? Also a sport touring windscreen would seem a good addition. Thanks for listening to a K fan talk himself into a busa, but I'm looking for some honest opinions on comfort for the rider and passenger for 2 up riding on the king BUSA.

You will not be dissapointed riding 2 up on the busa, I cant even tell my wife is there when we ride together,the stock seats are not bad, but most everybody here prefers the Tobin seats over the corbins.NJ.And welcome to the board!
smile.gif

I ride regularly two-up with my wife.

I fitted a Zero Gravity Sports Touring screen which improves gauge visibility as well as removing wind pressure from my chest.

Don't have bar risers but might consider them in the future for long runs. You have to use your back, stomach and thigh muscles to support your weight so that there's no pressure on your wrists, otherwise your hands get tired/sore. On long runs I use a tank bag which I rest my upper body on periodically to allow my back some relief. Stopping every few hours helps as well. I'll probably fit some gel grips in the future.

Changed out the stock passenger seat for a Corbin with backrest - wife says it's very comfortable. Haven't felt the need to replace the stock rider's seat as I find it comfortable on long runs (I'm 6' and 210lbs.)

I ground down the rubber on the footrests to give my legs a little more room. You can get aftermarket footpegs that will lower your feet more if needed. Make sure you readjust the shifter and rear brake pedal if you make this change.

The 'Busa has plenty of low-end torque which makes it good for touring as you aren't having to shift as much/use the higher revs as you would with a 1K bike. Other than the typical buzz at certain revs, it's extremely smooth. Power delivery is totally linear and predictable.

Suspension is pretty plush, and you can tighten it up to improve handling without loosening your passenger's fillings!

When I first started riding the 'Busa I thought it was a bit cramped, but my body adjusted after a while and now it feels pretty good.

The power is very addictive.
smile.gif

Welcome to the board.

If you have long legs, you can swap out the stock pegs for Buell pegs, I think it gives you a little more than an inch more leg room.:)

Probably the most comfortable sportbike for two-up riding. Your passenger may slide around on the stock rear seat a bit, but it is still a comfortable two-up bike. That's one of the reasons I bought mine.

The comfort level might be ur curse though. she will never want to get off . be with u every @#$ step of the way. every ride
1zhelp.gif
damn that busa!!!!
rant.gif
I think i had my hump on once.
mad.gif
( but if u like ur wife..this doesnt apply to u)
tounge.gif

380 miles with my son on the back of the Busa and no complaints. Tried to go 20 miles on my R1 and I did more yelling at him than I did riding. Hardly knew he was on the bike most of the time.

My wife is 5'8" and is perfectly comfortable on our Busa for hours. Seat to peg distance is perfect as is the position of the pegs front to rear. The only bad part is the hump gets dusty sitting on the shelf......
sad.gif
tounge.gif

Exactly what made me sell the TL and get a busa. She loves to ride but on the TL, she felt like a 120lb backpack and it drastically changed the handling dynamics. Busa? every time the engine is running, she thinks her butt needs to be on it...we've done some 400 milers with no problem. Don't get me wrong, a goldwing it's not, but plenty comfy 2-up. Once you get use to her weight, it almost feels more planted, smoother...and we can rail in the corners. We've been to 160 mph, she loves it. The 42t rear sprocket is the ticket for 2-up riding on the busa...
wink.gif

Jeez Red, My wife says the seat to peg is too close for her at about the same height. She's not as happy on the back as she was on my old bike. Compaed to an R1, it should be ok though.

I think she needs a Gold Wing
tounge.gif

I asked this same question before I got my cbr1100xx.  Everyone on that board said 2 up was fine....etc.  My suggestion is of course to have both of you sit on one at a dealer or wherever first.  My girlfriend hated the XX....always felt like she was holding on for dear life and always sliding into me.  I hated riding 2 up on it as well.

My opinion....if you wanna do some enjoyable 2 up riding/touring.....skip the Busa or any sportbike for that reason b/c I think most passengers will hate it.  You could get lucky but if I were you I think you'd be much happier with a sport-tourer like an FJR or ST1300 and you and her will be much more comfortable.  I ended up getting an '04 Wing.  Best 2 up riding ever and fun bike to boot.  My g/f loves it and won't ride on the back of anything else now.

580Picture_059.jpg

<!--EDIT|skater69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118493653 -->

+1 for the corbin rear seat and back rest. My wife loves riding the Busa much more than the Bandit 1200. Smoother, less vibes, and I hardly notice the extra weight.

She slid around too much on the stock seat.

I asked this same question before I got my cbr1100xx. Everyone on that board said 2 up was fine....etc. My suggestion is of course to have both of you sit on one at a dealer or wherever first. My girlfriend hated the XX....always felt like she was holding on for dear life and always sliding into me. I hated riding 2 up on it as well.

My opinion....if you wanna do some enjoyable 2 up riding/touring.....skip the Busa or any sportbike for that reason b/c I think most passengers will hate it. You could get lucky but if I were you I think you'd be much happier with a sport-tourer like an FJR or ST1300 and you and her will be much more comfortable. I ended up getting an '04 Wing. Best 2 up riding ever and fun bike to boot. My g/f loves it and won't ride on the back of anything else now.

580Picture_059.jpg
Of course for pure comfort, there is no comparison to the wing. Its a lazyboy on wheels, and I've logged many happy miles on my old man's. For sport touring with a major emphasis on "sport", the Busa is much better than I ever anticipated. I've got the full Corbin setup and Helibars and have comfortably done several 400 mile days. If you want somewhere inbetween, the FJR wins my vote

if you are loooking for a two up "sports" bike the busa is a good option!! Me and my friend have done quite a few miles of two up riding on the busa... its good, and comfortable... but a tobin seat sure helps with the passenger not flying off during accelration
biggrin.gif

...I ride solo these dyas though, for the past month or so!!

I do 50% of my riding with my girl on the back, if you are looking for "sport" rather than "cruising" then you cant beat the Busa. THe back seat is a lot larger than most other bikes, and lower then most sports bikes. Depends on the size of the pilllion though.

moX

My wife is always totally comfy on the 'Busa. Granted, it's no GoldWing, but if I wanna get out and ride solo, I'm not stuck with a big ol' freeway cruiser. With the 'Busa, of course, I can go cut up a canyon with or without her and it's no big deal, either way.

--Wag--

My wife is always totally comfy on the 'Busa.  Granted, it's no GoldWing, but if I wanna get out and ride solo, I'm not stuck with a big ol' freeway cruiser.  With the 'Busa, of course, I can go cut up a canyon with or without her and it's no big deal, either way.

--Wag--
My Wing definitely isn't only a big ol' freeway cruiser.  It's a big ol' sportbike too that can do almost anything.  I saw this guy at deal's gap and he was making 90% of the "sportbikes" crap in their boots when they checked their mirrors and found him glued to their ass.

2855deals_gap_april3rd_023.jpg

<!--EDIT|skater69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118598018 -->

Back