Open Firearm Carry

It'll land you in the pokey.... You must be 21 for a handgun and though there are state/federal laws most individual cities have ordinances that prohibit this.
Exactly. Call the local authorities for clarification.

There are state laws then local laws.

r8
AZ home of some of the best gun laws in the country Yeehaw!! open carry, concealed carry and lots of places to bury things....
whistling.gif

I was in Germany in early "70s. Blew me away to see someone riding their bicycle through town with hunting rifle across their back. It was legal there. Guess things changed after they got rid of Hitler.
beerchug.gif

It'll land you in the pokey.... You must be 21 for a handgun and though there are state/federal laws most individual cities have ordinances that prohibit this.
Exactly. Call the local authorities for clarification.

There are state laws then local laws.

r8
AZ home of some of the best  gun laws in the country  Yeehaw!!  open carry, concealed carry and lots of places to bury things....
whistling.gif
You forgot hunting illegals.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio

Here's my thing. I've open carried before, but only when I'm going to/coming from the range, as I HATE to leave my gun in my car. I didn't like open carrying as it's kinda like saying "Look at me! I'm Billy Badazz! I can show off my gun!", and of course, it tells anyone who may rob wherever you are that you have a gun and to shoot you first. I have my concealed carry permit... I'd say wait the next few years and get that.
Yeah, -1...  If you feel people are thinking "hey look at him he must think he's Billy Baddass", then you probably shouldn't be carrying at all.

And no, anyone who was thinking of robbing you is no longer thinking of robbing you when they see your pistol.  With it concealed they are going to draw a weapon most likely, hold you at gunpoint, and take NOT only your Weapon when they find it, but your wallet as well.
I don't think they think that, I KNOW a lot of them think that, as they've told me this. And then it leads to the problems of wanting to call cops, because according to them it's not legal, even though in the state of VA it is 100% legal to open carry. I don't want to deal with that crap. It's not worth my time.

As for the robber scenario, I wasn't meaning that as someone confronting you on the street, I meant it as standing in a store, and they see your gun... If they still want to rob it, and don't mind getting physical, you're the first target... Or if someone wants to go on a shooting spree, you're the target. I do agree, it would help prevent most robberies.

Here's my thing. I've open carried before, but only when I'm going to/coming from the range, as I HATE to leave my gun in my car. I didn't like open carrying as it's kinda like saying "Look at me! I'm Billy Badazz! I can show off my gun!", and of course, it tells anyone who may rob wherever you are that you have a gun and to shoot you first. I have my concealed carry permit... I'd say wait the next few years and get that.
Yeah, -1... If you feel people are thinking "hey look at him he must think he's Billy Baddass", then you probably shouldn't be carrying at all.

And no, anyone who was thinking of robbing you is no longer thinking of robbing you when they see your pistol. With it concealed they are going to draw a weapon most likely, hold you at gunpoint, and take NOT only your Weapon when they find it, but your wallet as well.
I don't think they think that, I KNOW a lot of them think that, as they've told me this. And then it leads to the problems of wanting to call cops, because according to them it's not legal, even though in the state of VA it is 100% legal to open carry. I don't want to deal with that crap. It's not worth my time.

As for the robber scenario, I wasn't meaning that as someone confronting you on the street, I meant it as standing in a store, and they see your gun... If they still want to rob it, and don't mind getting physical, you're the first target... Or if someone wants to go on a shooting spree, you're the target. I do agree, it would help prevent most robberies.
Gotcha... Though I do have to wonder... Who the hell is going to mess with you anyway? You don't need a gun, just smile at em'...

6 foot what??? Yeah, no need to carry...

Yeah, -1...  If you feel people are thinking "hey look at him he must think he's Billy Baddass", then you probably shouldn't be carrying at all.

And no, anyone who was thinking of robbing you is no longer thinking of robbing you when they see your pistol.  With it concealed they are going to draw a weapon most likely, hold you at gunpoint, and take NOT only your Weapon when they find it, but your wallet as well.

Gotcha... Though I do have to wonder... Who the hell is going to mess with you anyway?  You don't need a gun, just smile at em'...

6 foot what???  Yeah, no need to carry...
lol...

Unfortunately, as my 6'10" stature may stop a normal person, it won't stop the 6'3" man with the .40 that thinks he's 10' tall... That's why I have my ABSOLUTE LAST resort I carry... In the Gravest Extreme, and only then, it will be used. If they want to maliciously harm my friends or I, they'll have about 2 seconds to wish they didn't... However, if they just want money, it's theirs.

Back