Only able to shift 1st, 2nd and neutral...lots of play

I ordered the wrong spring- do need the #24 spring, the big spring. Should be easy to change, tho.

photo 2.jpg

photo 1.jpg

And a note, usually it is the other spring that lets go!

But glad for you that its all it is!

Spring ordered. Hopefully it will be here sometime next week.

Someone mentioned it being a good idea to go ahead and change out the water pump. Any truth in that?

Also, I may need a new shift cover gasket. I'm not finding the right schematic- can anyone help?

Gasket number is 11485-24F00

All case cover gaskets are found under crank case cover tabs on the sites

Too bad im not close, i have all the parts at my house!

I know this sucks for you 02Busamark....but this is an awesome 'Power of the .Org' thread. Your posting of the pics as you go through the process and the knowledge of those that have come before us, make this site the best!!

Spring on, but having difficulty centering the shifter and spring. Put it all back together wrong once already. Coffee and a smoke and I'll try again in a minute.

Is this the correct spring position?

Edit- yeah, the service manual might help...just saw i need to spread the spring around the tab.

I'm beat for the night. Have to wait until tomorrow.

shifter.jpg

Wondered about the coolant. Should it pull it from the resevoir tank? Didn't change the levels once I started it up for a minute.

The level wont change until you heat cycle it a few times!
Wondered about the coolant. Should it pull it from the resevoir tank? Didn't change the levels once I started it up for a minute.

Back