one more question

superbusaman

Registered
ok well i think im gonna go with the genmar. i think they look better then the heli bars and easier to install. gonna go with the 1 1/4inch. i have steel braided brake and clutch lines, should they be long enough? also is 149.00 a good price? thanks again for all the info

I've got them on mine they work great, I had no problems with the stock clutch and brake lines.
That's a good price also. I couldn't stand riding mine with the bars they way they were stock. I also lowered the rear 1" to take some of the pressure off of my wrists, and forearms, also a Tobin seat now it's very comfortable to ride.
The people that think the stock bars are ok i've found don't ride much at one time.

If you change your mind and possibly want the 3/4" genmar risers let me know. I will have some for sale very soon.

Pingle Racing makes something simular, but cheaper, their kit is just 4 longer bolts and 4 bushings, I just got them (to lower the front) and lift the bars at the same time. they were only like $50

well i have used a combi of genmar 3/4 and also a helibar, and that way i didnt have to install new lines, wires, etc.yes i did have to do a slight mod on the double bubble screen, i had to dremmel a small curve and everything is smooth and my ride is very comfortable

I had Genmar on one of my busa's about 1 inch rise I think, I have HeliBar on the newer busa and no question for me the Heli's rule as they not only raise but slant back a little too and I just didnt like the look of the genmar and it made the brake res hit the wind screen and hand & glove would touch the screen too when turning the bike around... just my opinion.
wink.gif

I had almost made upmy mind to install Heli Bars on busa... but finally decided against it! I've got used to the stock ones, not getting any pain in my wrists these days!!
biggrin.gif

Back