On Dyno today

B-12

Registered
Was on the dyno today , and here my result.

2001 Busa with MPS fast FI box. 32jet
Could only do 3 runs cause i had only one small bottle.

AFR 13.6 is near to the limit i think and i wont use a bigger jet.

Maybe the result is a bit low because of the Shinko ,which had a lot of spinn. Tuner makes a lot of superbikes and said racetires and soft tires as shinko are not good for dyno. After the run it looked like melted ,and there may be 6-8 more hidden horses ,with better grip.
Just Motor was 159 RWP , but seems i lost 8 HP because of the 4 short stacks. With stock stacks i had 167-169

Sprayed at 6500 rpm with 800 psi and only 12 Oz bottle
Printer was out of ink so the sheet is a little red.

In two weeks i will dyno it again with PiPo and two bottles to keep pressure constant .

NOS-010910.jpg

Dyno-NOS-Sax.jpg

Last edited:
Something is wrong. With the MPS Instant Rich box your A/F ratio should drop well below 12.5:1. Below is a Dyno chart from a 2001 Busa (just an exhaust,everything else is stock). 13.6 A/F ratio is too lean. You need to make sure the Instan Rich box is working.

Fast_FI_Dry_NOS_Graph-1.jpg

Tested without nitrous and it was very rich. Was realy even to see and hear on the dyno. tested on street without gas and could also feel it ,when the injectors came in.
Lights on box are like in manual ,and dont show any fault.

Fi is comming in on pushing the button. Is this normal ?

Had only one sensor in the 4-1 exaust line. Fuel pump is tested and delivers in correct range. Pressure is not tested and i have not yet tested the injectors.
Two year ago i changed the motor (only) of the fuel pump with a 1000 gixxer motor. Workes fine ,but maybe thets the problem ?

Tested without nitrous and it was very rich. Was realy even to see and hear on the dyno. tested on street without gas and could also feel it ,when the injectors came in.
Lights on box are like in manual ,and dont show any fault.

Fi is comming in on pushing the button. Is this normal ?

Had only one sensor in the 4-1 exaust line. Fuel pump is tested and delivers in correct range. Pressure is not tested and i have not yet tested the injectors.
Two year ago i changed the motor (only) of the fuel pump with a 1000 gixxer motor. Workes fine ,but maybe thets the problem ?

Then you are running out of fuel. Make sure your fuel pump and injector filters are clean. Your GSXR 1000 fuel pump may be the weak link (fuel volume and pressure). I would check everything before I spray again.

Was on the dyno today , and here my result.

Maybe the result is a bit low because of the Shinko ,which had a lot of spinn. Tuner makes a lot of superbikes and said racetires and soft tires as shinko are not good for dyno. After the run it looked like melted.

See what can happen when using a car tire on a dyno.

Attachments

• Car tire on dyno 1.bmp
    1,004.2 KB · Views: 723
  • Car tire on dyno 2.bmp
    1,004.2 KB · Views: 715
  • Car tire on dyno 3.bmp
    1,014.1 KB · Views: 683
Then you are running out of fuel. Make sure your fuel pump and injector filters are clean. Your GSXR 1000 fuel pump may be the weak link (fuel volume and pressure). I would check everything before I spray again.

Do you know this upgrade ?
Saarelat.org/Fuel pump

Its a Bosch 068 pump used also on the V8 Audi. Got one from a wrecked Audi (easy to find here:laugh: in germany)
and will try this mod.
Maybe the Gixxer pump is weak or anything in the filters. Will see if i open it ,and then would be easy to change the pump too.

can the original fuel regulator be changed ,and how to do ?

This weekend was the first Tracktest with the Bosch fuelpump upgrade.

Bad time with only 10.2 but raised my topspeed by 6.5 mph
from 140 to 146.6 was a bit nervous :please::laugh:
sprayed only in 3+4 gear with 2 12Oz bottles and because of lower temp only with 800psi and 32 jet.
Nice results with the power comming smooth with my 10" line from solenoid to airbox.

Next is to connect my innovate for roadtest to see if i can use bigger jet.

Thanks Gixx and Greg for hints , parts and support :beerchug:

Reverend Ron,

Do you own the Model 70 dyno in the photo? If so, what version of software are you running?

Back