Old Gun Found

eeeeeeeeddddddddiiiiiiiiioooootttttttttsssssssss

wish i wouldve been on that crew. that thing would be at meh house right now.

Let's see an unregistered machine gun. I'm betting the BATF would give you plenty for it. :)

why is it lucky the cops took it an I am pretty sure they aren't going to give it back:laugh:

If not reported stolen and its serial # is on the amnesty registry it could be yours.
All you really need off that thing is the serial numbered sideplate.
With that and a new parts kit your rockin'
Something like this !

Dat...dat....dat...dat....dat... :moderator:

If not reported stolen and its serial # is on the amnesty registry it could be yours.
All you really need off that thing is the serial numbered sideplate.
With that and a new parts kit your rockin'
Something like this !

Dat...dat....dat...dat....dat... :moderator:

i doubt it was ever registered. being in the bottom of the creek.... :lol:

never know though.

i would at least strip every part i could off it. and then turn the receiver in. thats all that was there sir???? then assemble a dummy receiver and tell the g-kids what i found

Last edited:
Stranger things have happened. Could have been stolen from orig owner who registered it. Now long gone or no longer interested.
Also the amnesty list is a list of serial numbers of all known machine guns made before 1968.
Whether registered or not the Govt and manufacturers did their best to come up with this list for this very purpose.
Many MGs are still being found and can be registered and kept if ser# is on amnesty list.

Either way if he gets a clean number off of it most likely he will be able to keep it.

i doubt it was ever registered. being in the bottom of the creek.... :lol:

never know though.

i would at least strip every part i could off it. and then turn the receiver in. thats all that was there sir???? then assemble a dummy receiver and tell the g-kids what i found

Only need the sideplate/reciever plate as these can be hard to find and I bet even in its rusty condition he can get 10k for it !
You can buy a NIB complete parts kit less this one piece and be ready to go.
The sideplate on these guns has grooves and channels milled into to make the gun work. Its not just flat on both inside and out.
He dont know that though obviously !

RGUNS - Gun Parts - Machinegun Parts

Israeli M1919A2 Parts Kit
IN STOCK
$499.00

.308 caliber M1919A2 parts kit with barrel. Complete less side plate.

ratatatatattatattatatat.......

Israeli1919PartsKit-400.jpg

Stranger things have happened. Could have been stolen from orig owner who registered it. Now long gone or no longer interested.
Also the amnesty list is a list of serial numbers of all known machine guns made before 1968.
Whether registered or not the Govt and manufacturers did their best to come up with this list for this very purpose.
Many MGs are still being found and can be registered and kept if ser# is on amnesty list.

Either way if he gets a clean number off of it most likely he will be able to keep it.

i thought unregistered was a no go?

anyway to get this list of serial numbers?

It's a very fine tricky line that can be crossed only by BATF .
Not registered now currently but a gun that was made before 1968 and is on amnesty list may still poss be able to be granted legal status .
One of those who you are , what it is , who is thinking about it and :whistle:
Up until 1968 folks who had unregistered guns could come forward and reg them. Many did many did not .
Some came forward a couple yrs later and were granted legal status .
But in mid 70-71 the Supreme court sealed it and set a point in time where going forward you could not reg the gun and were now in possession of an illegal MG which carried ten years felony charge. Maybe the owner simply panicked and chucked it ?

Gun may have been in a museum and stolen , too big and the thieves shortly realized they had no place for it so into the creek it went .

I don't think it was used in a drive by :rofl:
G.I bringback and at 80 he got tired of it in his closet ?
Safely disposed of it in the 'crick' !

Back