Okay I am irritated now

busa_boy_69

Registered
Okay heres the situation and I wanna see what you guys think. I have been riding for 2 years with a buddy of mine on a CBR1000RR. I have always been able to have a slight edge on him doing roll ons at various speeds. Well this is how our bikes are set up first of all

Him- Yoshimura RS5 Slip on exhaust, bmc air filter, power commander with a custom map. He weighs roughly 180 at 5'8

Me- Yoshimura RS3 race baffle slip ons, k and n air filter, power commander with map of powercommander.com, pair mod. I am 6'2 and 305 lbs

Well for the first time since he had his power commander tuned up we were getting on our bikes a little the other day and I noticed I was having a hard time keeping up with him. Not by much JUST A LITTLE bit. He was pulling maybe half a bike length on me. I was like wow I don't think I can catch him before we had to let off.

After that later that day we did a roll on at 40mph to start and my bike pulled harder than his in first gear and the bottom of second gear. At the top of second he started pulling harder. Then into 3rd he was still gaining slightly into 4th same. Then we shut em off at about 144 or so.

Now like I said the margin was small. I did not think a CBR would be out pulling a Hayabusa. My thinking behind it is that his map is running a little harder than mine since it is custom and that my size difference is giving my busa a little bit too much shid to pull in a race against a high power bike like the CBR. I mean with the 100 lb dif between our two bikes and me being over 100 lbs heavier than him I figure thats whats killing me. I am thinking someone his size on my busa would hand it to him. Do you guys think the same or what?

Im surprised to see yu are doing as well as yu are. The 1000 is only dwn 10 hp to the busa and yu are at almost 200 lbs heavier. If you want to pull ahead go to a 16 front gear or a 43 rear. sj

uhmm 305 .or 205 ? .. if 305.. lose the X-tra..n you blow him into the "weeds"
smile.gif
other than that.. nuttin to "feel" bad about .. 1/2 bike isnt nuttin..
wink.gif

yep....

305 to 180 is a BIG difference. Switch to the 16 or start shaving off some poundage.
wink.gif

PC default maps are just general ones....you need to have yours tuned appropriately.

Between the bike and your....."size"....he is 200lbs lighter.....as mentioned above.

Even with a good tune...you are going to need a gearing change to pull him.

Okay heres the situation and I wanna see what you guys think. I have been riding for 2 years with a buddy of mine on a CBR1000RR. I have always been able to have a slight edge on him doing roll ons at various speeds. Well this is how our bikes are set up first of all

Him- Yoshimura RS5 Slip on exhaust, bmc air filter, power commander with a custom map. He weighs roughly 180 at 5'8

Me- Yoshimura RS3 race baffle slip ons, k and n air filter, power commander with map of powercommander.com, pair mod. I am 6'2 and 305 lbs

Well for the first time since he had his power commander tuned up we were getting on our bikes a little the other day and I noticed I was having a hard time keeping up with him. Not by much JUST A LITTLE bit. He was pulling maybe half a bike length on me. I was like wow I don't think I can catch him before we had to let off.

After that later that day we did a roll on at 40mph to start and my bike pulled harder than his in first gear and the bottom of second gear. At the top of second he started pulling harder. Then into 3rd he was still gaining slightly into 4th same. Then we shut em off at about 144 or so.

Now like I said the margin was small. I did not think a CBR would be out pulling a Hayabusa. My thinking behind it is that his map is running a little harder than mine since it is custom and that my size difference is giving my busa a little bit too much shid to pull in a race against a high power bike like the CBR. I mean with the 100 lb dif between our two bikes and me being over 100 lbs heavier than him I figure thats whats killing me. I am thinking someone his size on my busa would hand it to him. Do you guys think the same or what?
...Its the weight mate!! its the weight... it has nothing to do with the MAP or the mods IMO, but it has everything to do with the weight.

...as gsteve said, given your weight... its surprising that the difference was only half a bike length!! IMO you have rund her hard...

Sprockets / NOS / Turbo ..and the paths you have in front of you
devil.gif

your buddy is prolly thinking how are you keeping up with that much dif in weight. I think you're doing stand up!
wink.gif

Slimfast or 16/42.    I'd do the 16/42!
If you ask me, the 16/42 setup runs too high at crusing speed... MPG goes to #### and top speed isn't what it was...

I would stay with a 16/40 setup and see how that works for you first... You may want to try a couple of other things like maybe a diet
smile.gif
or go with the a full race exhaust system and get a custom map, that will make a difference...

I am also surprised you are doing as well as you are with all that weight...

Jog a little, get rid of the slip ons for a full single can system, get a bmc filter, and a good tune.

Like everyone else, not bad for the weight discrepancy. Loss some weight and watch how big his eyes get as you still pull on him.
smile.gif

Put him on your bike, you on his and then you'll see just how much that weight difference comes into play! The Busa should win hands down!

It's got to be the weight, I run against a friend RSV-1000 and I can pull away every time. He was very close up to 136 then the busa aero dynamics really start to show.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I kinda figured thats what it was. I just wish Yoshi would make a FULL system that was 4-2-2. The only companies that make dual full systems I don't like. I think with a full system and a proper map I'd hand it to him. Guess I'll just be satisfied with knowing I can almost run him down with basically another person riding on the bike weight difference between us. lol

Get a full exhaust (BDE), a 16t front sprocket and load a good map and you will have a good race.

Back