OK what do I need to do when

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
I'm going to put new throttle cables on and have never done it before. Do I need to take the control switch loose or anything like that, or do they just unscrew from the bottom?

Raise the tank. I can't remeber if the airbox has to come off to gain enough clearance.

Split the control housing (two phillip head screw) You should be able to loosen the control cable with the various adjustments to get enough slack to take the cable off the throttle grip barrel. Then it is pretty much plug and play swapping them. Watch for the pin in the housing when you start putting the housing back together. It locates the housing to the bar. Then adjust the slack.

Raise the tank. I can't remeber if the airbox has to come off to gain enough clearance.

Split the control housing (two phillip head screw) You should be able to loosen the control cable with the various adjustments to get enough slack to take the cable off the throttle grip barrel. Then it is pretty much plug and play swapping them. Watch for the pin in the housing when you start putting the housing back together. It locates the housing to the bar. Then adjust the slack.
Removing the airbox will make it easier.

Back