OK, What Color Micron Slip On?

Sorry to throw you off there Bulletrain.  Yeah this is an older pic, I was at work when I slapped the GIF together real quick all I had was older photos.  
 I dunno man, I really do not foresee me wanting more HP.  Really the Stock output is more than enough.  So I dunno if a full system will ever make it in there.  Although, the cost of a full sytem for the busa is less than trying to buy twin slip ons in a lot of cases....  We'll See...
Well, I thought the same thing about the extra power of a full system for a while but I honestly don't think that my seat of the pants horsepower meter will ever know the difference in what a full system adds above and beyond what slip-ons add. I figure the only way you'd truly know the difference would be to measure it somehow, as in dyno, or drag strip numbers. I made MANY mods to my 5.0 stangs and my Trans Am and could never really tell that they done anything until I put 'em on the track or dyno.

Do you really think that the handful of hp that a full system gives you above what slip ons would put yer busa over the top? :super:

To me, it comes down to getting more for my money. I cna pay big bucks and get cans to bolt onto the factory pipes, or I can pay a little more and get some really nice pipes all the way from the header flanges to the end. You also get the weight reduction benefits with the 4-1 systems.

You may have already thought about all of this and made yer decision accordingly. Just readin' some of yer posts tho, it sounds like you may not be seeing the full picture. Or, maybe you do see it and just have a different view on it that I do. That's cool, too. It's yer busa so you need to be happy. I'm just throwin' another angle out there for you to look at if you haven't already. :cool:

Bulletrain you make a good case... The problem I have is time and money, thus Aluminum slips ons seem the way to go. 10 Minute install, I get the sounds I want without any BS. (More than likely) no remap, etc... Bolt em on and away I go. BUT, of course there is allways a chance I would still have to remove the PAIR and get her remapped, thus eliminating the time/trouble savings. So I dunno, I could probably be talked into a full system when I scrape up some money, mostly because I know you can save a whole lot of weight. Maybe I will buy some used bolts ons off ebay, then next summer when the riding kinda sucks do the full system and all the rest...
Grrrr, now I am really confused.....

I know what you mean. I was, and occasionally still am back and forth on this very issue. I'm with ya on not really needing more power. I've also thought about the remap and pair issues. It'd be real easy to just bolt on a set of cans and say to hell with it. The main thing that keeps me from just doin' that is the fact that I'd be payin' that kind of money basically for noise and some poser points.

I mean let's face it, all you'd be gettin' for yer money is looks (poser points) and a little more noise with no other real benefits. No real weight savings, no real hp (needed, wanted or not), no anything else. It's just hard for me to see puttin' out what they get for bolt on cans and not gettin' any more than that when it ain't much, if any more expensive to get something besides noise and looks for my dollars. Even with no extra hp, the weight difference is pretty valuable to me. I'd say that alone would make the difference in price worth it.

For me, it would be a much harder decision if there was a bigger price difference between bolt on cans and full systems. As it stands, it just doesn't make sense to pay what they get for cans when I could get a system and it's benefits for little or no more expense. Still, the simplicity of bolt ons tempts me occasionally. Then I go and look at the BDE/Hindle system again and the temptation just seems to fade away. ;)

Good luck with yer decision. Let me know what you decide.

Back