Ok im confused please help

wedgester

Registered
I have been reading all the idle posts lately. Mine is idling low so im going to bring it up but I never knew my bike had a choke with fuel injection. I tried moving it when I first bought the bike and it wouldnt move easily so i didnt move it, When I found out the bike had fuel inj I was assuming the choke was just there from old bikes like mayby the busa used to be carburated. I just forced the choke lever and it moves and the idle went up so how in the hell do you have a choke control on a bike with fuel injection??? If it works like a choke do I use it just like I would on a carbed bike.

My mistake but since its started do you just let the bike warm up and take the high idle off.
Yes ......warm up and then turn it back down .
wink.gif

Wedgester,
You've got the fast idle down now, you normal idle should be 1150-1250 rpms... any less than that and your bike will drop to low and stall. If you need to adjust your idle, look fopr the gold srew on the right hand side of your throttlebodies under the tank... BTW, in the future, these questions work great in the general bike related forum or even problems, maybe even new owners - the only reason that you are getting the responses that you are here in the for sale forum is becuase as a new post it shows up under the new post search. If it sat for a day with no responses, more than likely, you wouldn't recieve an answer to your questions...
wink.gif

page 65 of the owners manual.

Does anybody ever read the manual?

Yes..that is it!

I'm done.

hogger...

well in the 2006 owners manuals it is page 7-19
tounge.gif
, and the color of the screw just made me second guess myself if there is a remote chance of a second idle adjustment. i've seen weirder things

All the "choke" does is crack the throttle open a little using a cam - same as holding the twistgrip open a fraction. It increases the idle speed until the engine is warmed up.

Back