Oil pump mod

sefones

Registered
ok so i ve been reading here for a bit and never have a question but am thinking of selling my busa and would like to be convinced my problem isnt that bad... hehe. ok so i bought the bik feb 05 and about 4 months after i "broke a connecting rod" so the tech says, he said it is from riding too hard (ok then!) so he replaced the crank and connecting rod and so on... it was good. Then i was having issues with the tranny... and he said i was doing too many wheelies... sorry i wouldnt try a busa one one wheel i am to afraid id have to replace the plastics and cant afford that.. NOW.. i was on the freeway and was almost flung over the handle bars by the incredible amount of engine braking that happens when your bike does what apears to be throwing a connecting rod bearing.. yipppeeeeeee! just clanking along and for the third time in its 1.5 years of life back on the flatbed for a AAA ride home. so i did some looking and found some things about a high flow oil gear, has anyone done this? should i do? do you think it will help me out at all? I really dont want to get rid of her but dont want to keep dealing with the months of shop time....btw they kept it for 5 months when she was in for conecting rods.. ok anyways. any input would be awesome..

nobody have any imput for this
rock.gif

i know they make a special oil pan for riding hard , and also a swinging oil pick up , hard launches and long wheelies starve the engine for oil , i belive the pan and swinging pick up might help you , high flow oil gear sounds good , but it sounds like to me that some how your bike is loosing the oil to the pump for extended periods of time i forget who was makin the pan and swinging pick up if youdont get any more info here try at suzukihayabusa,org there are alot of guys over there who race that might have more awnsers for you . i also did the tranny dance with my bike , and suzuki not warranty it sucks ! i hope while it was out you had it undercut ?

What year is the bike? If it is new, then I would claim the oil pump is defective and have the dealer either prove it isn't or replace it. Since this is the second time it has happened. If they give you a hassle, get American Suzuki involved and explain you situation.

I have a 2003 Saturn that 1 of the 3 computers in the car died on me. By milege, the car was not in warranty. It would have cost me near $600 to get it fixed. After a call to Saturn corporate and my statement concerning my dissatisfaction with a major componant on their vehicle failing so soon. It cost me $200 and they gave me $150 in gift certificates. Took less than a day to get it resolved.

The worst Suzuki could say is "no"

Was it new or used?
rock.gif
Are you that hard on it? Do you start it and immediately start riding before it warms up? More info please.???

may be a defective pump. Should have them check it out. There is also an oil pan baffle a company called Falicon makes. "Oil Pan Baffle System helps keep oil off the crank for reduced losses, while it keep oil around the pickup during hard acceleration. It helps save your crank by preventing oil starvation." Gotta love copy and paste. Its pretty inexpensive at $160 and you can get it at www.schnitzracing.com/ The high volume pump and gear sounds nice also tho.

sell it to a sprint tracker... They love the motor and will love the deal.

Get a 750 for stunting and a new Busa for the rest...

Back