oil cooler

not2old4abusa

Registered
99 busa
hi guys
the bike is in the shop having about everything done before the snow finally goes away ,new forks, clutch, tail tidy , digital gear indicator, new tyres, full service , new radiator, etc , my mechanic said the oil cooler is on its way out I have been looking on the internet and I can seem to find anything without breaking the bank does anyone know if I can use some thing from a different model or a place where I can get one at a reasonable price?
thanks

Oil cooler on the way out? What exactly does that mean? Isn't the oil cooler just basically a radiator for oil? No moving parts - are the fins damaged or clogged, are the pipes clogged up? I would question what your mechanic means by this is on the way out.

They do get plugged, and oil can be aggressive just as it can be to the engine, do a oil sample sometime. oil should coat parts not polish them..

I have an oil cooler laying around from '06. You can have it - just pay for shipping.

I kept looking at it, and figured the bike doesn't need an oil cooler, so I took it off. Runs just fine... I continued looking, and realized that since I had no oil cooler, there was plenty of space to install a turbo instead. So, I did, and the bike runs even better. Go figure... Not sure what those engineers at Suzuki had in mind.

If really interested, I can take pictures later. It's dang cold now, 5 deg F (-15 deg C) and windy, and the oil cooler is in the shed, BRRRRR...

thanks for the offers guys I managed to find a fellow member in Germany from the ukbusa site who helped me out should be in my hands in a couple of days ,hopefully I will her back in about a week just need to wait for some decent weather so I can get out in the wind...

Back